Dances   With Doves

Gold 2 Mode On Nox Wallops 7" 1. 2 Ounce Gold Chain

I tried  the gold chain from my Gmx test with my 11" coil on my nox and this machine just walloped it on multi freq. gold2 mode with sens. at 22.It gave me the proper #4 id mostly on this 7" target with a few 3or 5 numbers if I was off center a bit.I could raise   the coil over 10" and    still get it.In 20 kz. at 22  sens. it hit it very hard with  very bouncy  id from 2to  11  .In 40 kz. at max sens.  it pounded it very hard also with less bouncy id from 2to 8. I am very impressed with this mode on this target.

• Like 2

When I had one 800 for some tests and footage shooting, I was amazed to air test a tiny 18k ear ring lock...

Unluckily the gold mode 2 or 1 is not workable in the salty beach/water...Tried 20/40/multi w/wo Gb /auto Gb...Nothing but noise, incredible noise.

Very sad..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

When I had one 800 for some tests and footage shooting, I was amazed to air test a tiny 18k ear ring lock...

Unluckily the gold mode 2 or 1 is not workable in the salty beach/water...Tried 20/40/multi w/wo Gb /auto Gb...Nothing but noise, incredible noise.

Very sad..

One of the advantages of fresh water in water hunting.I remember being in the Med.  sea in porto karras Greece and getting  stung by a small jelly fish.I can't believe how much that hurt my young 18 self at the time .At least you can hunt in the beautiful  Med. sea area , oh such beauty and  history.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

At least you can hunt in the beautiful  Med. sea area , oh such beauty and  history

You're right...A lot of history around my area and a terrible government ready to destroy you and close new places in the name of rare birds, rare dunes, rare humans, rare stones, rare water.......What the heck....

honeyole.jpg

I tried the xterra with the 6" dd 18z. coil and it hit it good also but gave me 32-44 hits mostly which is a coin.I  would be shocked  thinking I was getting a penny and then end up  with a huge  gold chain.  This has happened with gold rings a few times with this coil.The 3kz. coil gave a mixed ugly hit   but a good one in the prospect mode  if you were digging solid hits.This target seems to be a good hit for most machines with the    Nox being  super accurate on this big chain.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

I tried the xterra with the 6" dd 18z. coil and it hit it good also but gave me 32-44 hits mostly which is a coin.I  would be shocked  thinking I was getting a penny and then end up  with a huge  gold chain.  This has happened with gold rings a few times with this coil.The 3kz. coil gave a mixed ugly hit   but a good one in the prospect mode  if you were digging solid hits.This target seems to be a good hit for most machines with the    Nox being  super accurate on this big chain.

I would think that this would be a great thing. There wouldn't be as many competing junk signals in that range. Unfortunately, with the Nox there seems to be a lot of small trash that also reads in that "3,4,5" range.

• Like 1

I measured the chain more  carefully(not dark) and this chain I said was just under 7'' was 6.25 " but i tested in bone dry  conditions.It has poured today in western NY and my dirt is  saturated with water now.I buried this chain at  a measured 10"