Whites Left Me A Phone Message...

At least they keep in contact with their customers and didn't just close the doors and tell everyone to go home without warning.

• Like 2

Ya know guys, I was a little concerned about my warranty right after  Whites made their announcement, because when I called I got sent elsewhere. I stayed concerned until Paul at Centreville told me he'd act as my go-between to the factory until my warranty issue was resolved. This again proved the wisdom of not hiding from your creditors when you're in  business. I was given that advice decades ago when I started my own business. I never forgot it. Your customers will put up with far more than you would imagine, assuming you maintain contact with them. When communication fails, people ALWAYS assume you're trying to screw them. A good lesson in business management. And a warranty is the same as a credit to your customer. When you owe the customer a warranty, the customer is your creditor until that warranty expires.

Jim

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

I think I will just take it on the sand bars where it will not be submerged to long  and just barely   under the water also did they not make the mx  sport more durable after the early    disaster release?

Yes, fixes were applied as issues arose, and a GMX would have all of those. I'd not touch a used first year MX Sport with a ten foot pole.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A long time White's user I have not yet had to take a machine in for repair. So far so good. They seem to soldier on, I do nurse them  but it helps they were well built from the start.

The question of warranty and repair was considered when I ordered my GMX, a gamble perhaps but given my experience with White's not a big one.  Perhaps the real issue is one of trust. They may be down and out but White's has over the decades earned my trust.

White's reputation for quality products supported by repair and service is second to none. They have nominated a repair centre and by all indications continue to do the right thing by their customers. Again, they will be missed. 

Read a lot of reviews on the 24k and also on the MX Sport. Watched videos of White's people dropping and abusing the MX Sport to demonstrate  the build quality and durability. Issues with the MX Sport seemed to be progressively sorted out. As Steve mentioned most issues were resolved well before the GMX was released. The 24K seemed right from the start.  So this hybrid machine, the GMX should last for some time. It will be a crevicing detector and will see mud and dirt, very cold mountain water but I do not envisage it being used underwater. Not because of the machine but because of the users aversion to ice water.. unless there is a hot sauna ready and waiting.

Only questions that remained in my mind were not quality or durability,  just weight and balance.

Weight is no more than an MXT and balance with the smaller coils provided should be fine.  Did note some thought the MX Sport was a bit nose heavy, hence my concerns. The only parts I ordered were coil covers and a spare battery holder..

In the future I see a multi frequency machine, waterproof, light and durable. It will replace a number of my machines and it will probably be a MInelab Equinox or its successor.. I enjoy my White's but I'm not blind to the future and not afraid to embrace it. 

All the best.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...