Tarsacci Tahoe Hunt

Hi Steve - I know you sometimes have concerns re: shaft length.

I use a length that's about the same as you (from your other posts about other machines)...I saw a post somewhere that said the shaft for the MDT is too short for a 6' guy - what's your opinion on that - are you fully extended and is that ok for you?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, barryny said:

Hi Steve - I know you sometimes have concerns re: shaft length.

I use a length that's about the same as you (from your other posts about other machines)...I saw a post somewhere that said the shaft for the MDT is too short for a 6' guy - what's your opinion on that - are you fully extended and is that ok for you?

Thanks!

I am just guessing but I think I run my out rod out farther than is the norm. I’m 5’11” but I like a little reach because I like to cover a wide swath on each pass, especially in the water. I have found that 42” from forward edge of grip to coil bolt is my preferred maximum length and while sometimes I may run shorter than this I like a detector to hit that magic number. The MDT at full extension just happens to be 42” from forward edge of grip to coil bolt so good for me.

Some people 6’ or more keep the coil closer to their feet and so will be happy. Anyone taller than me liking a similar reach will be less than happy.

• Like 1

Learning a new machine with new Technology is fun. Keep at it Steve.

• 2 weeks later...