My New Scoopal Sand Scoop

Nice looking scoop! Great price! Good luck with it!!👍👍

If you use a sand scoop often, getting a good quality stainless (or titanium) one is a must. I've tried a bunch of them and find the Stealth scoops and the Extreme scoops are the best of the bunch. Stavr is not too bad either as an import. If you can afford it, I also recommend the carbon fiber handles. Real strong and light. If all you do is occasional dry sand, just about anything will suffice. For most applications, I like the widest scoop available. More likely to get the target on the first scoop and the least likely to damage the target.

• Like 7

That is a nice looking scoop and perfect for those that do less time at the beach. And for sure the price is right.

I did not mind paying 225 for my 720 several years ago..., since I hunt several times a week ...... it's been long paid for and was a real good investment for me, I did later buy the carbon fiber handle which was up there also. But I do have a few places I have to walk a mile to get in the water, hard at first spending the cash but now I see it was a good idea. ....I wish all the things I have purchased over the years were as good investments..here is one of my digging tools that was not.... . think i've got 5 small gold using the blower. I do need to try more, only had it out 15 times....if that but really must be the right spot for use.

seadoo blower.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Obn .Do you know grave  digger max because my friend here in Rochester made his   titanium   scoop at  his welding shop when he had  time for free.Hi is a great guy my  friend.He made  himself one too but the  scoop to  handle on his needs more  strength for tougher digging.In plain sand it cuts like butter.He made grave digger a better  scoop then the one he has.He sold his shop and is now retired.Poor fellow has not found gold since 4/2/2016.He got 2 in the turf on that day.

• Like 1

Nice looking scoop with a hard to beat price. I especially like the small holes right on the tip so if the target falls through the larger holes you can just pick it up without a lot of extra material.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi Obn .Do you know grave  digger max because my friend here in Rochester made his   titanium   scoop at  his welding shop when he had  time for free.Hi is a great guy my  friend.He made  himself one too but the  scoop to  handle on his needs more  strength for tougher digging.In plain sand it cuts like butter.He made grave digger a better  scoop then the one he has.He sold his shop and is now retired.Poor fellow has not found gold since 4/2/2016.

Yes, Know Mr Max well..Good Guy with some good video's..........I need to get back down there and pay him another visit...been several years now. 

And I do remember that titanium scoop, much like the starv's scoops...... it was detectable...Very nice too.

I had a friend who made me two titanium scoops in 2013?. Cost me 350 dollars for two, material and water jetting..then labor. Broke one and still have the other....titanium is nice but for the cost I prefer the SS. Titanium is not something you can hook up the MillerMatic and weld, takes a very skilled Tig welder..which I am not..

Your friends Scoop, very nice work ........

• Like 1