Hearing Aids & Headphones

This almost seems like a stupid question but I have to ask.

Does anyone wear their Hearing Aids with Headphones?

Thanks!

Walt

Yes, I use headphones with my hearing aids. My audiologist says that I have a profound hearing loss and have found that over the ears give me the best results with my behind the ear hearing aids. The molded silicone ear pieces are more forgiving and I get less feedback with them.

If you have any specific questions, I will be happy to answer them if I can.

Norm

• Like 5

I have used headphones with my hearing aids and without them. I prefer taking them out and pushing the volume on my headphones…I also use a SteelPhase (SP01), so I have quite a bit of latitude with what I do with  the volume. Although it is quite "bad,"I would not however call my hearing loss "profound."
I feel for you Norm.

GoodDay

I used a hearing aid since I was 9 years of age due to a doctor over prescribing Terramycin back in early sixties......nerve loss....I am 66 years young and what I do hear I hear well.....I was taught at an early age to read lips.....so I Have been detecting in the Water since 1980.....I usually have a hearing aid on it is usually water proof aid .

if I am diving or dredging I do not use an aid .....maybe a bone conductor ...or custom made piezo under the Dive hood ......but I do like no contraption interrupting  my dredging......interferes with smelling the gold....

if you would like to see what this poor old deaf treasure hunter finds   

45B3EAE4-BDD3-4DD9-A94C-AD46DB60CFBE.jpeg.6729c13dca8868e060efa601f7a1a8a6.jpegHappy Trails 

jimpugh aKa MagnumPi 

• Like 5

wow, I don't think even with perfect hearing I could come close to anything like that.
Not often one sees a literal pile of gold. Nice going. 

I wear hearing aids and have some profound loss of certain frequencies. I looked at the audiologist report curve to see which ones I hear better then tried set the NOX for those tones, it helps. Plus I know with the hearing aids I wont miss any tones my natural hearing mises. I turn the NOX volume to max then use the earphones to lower it to a comfortable level. Sounds like  a lot and someone may not need to do all of these things, just do what works for you. Cheers

I don't use hearing aid with headphone. They do work with light headphones like XP Orx. Headphones that wrap around my ears make the hearing aid whisle.

I have aids in my ear, all the time when i was 17 teen, i tryed to get in the army and was told i was 80% to 90% deaf, I always knew i was not very smart, but didn't know that it was because i couldn't hear in school. I am almost 69 years old now and it don't matter that i can't here. No one can use my headphones for they are to loud. I have trouble with ground balance, i can't here the tones. I still do ok, i have alot of rings. Good Luck  Dean

• Like 2