16 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Everyone see's things different and being a hunter that is out there I see things that work for me

Above being said.................. the one problem I have with the "AQ" it's audio blasts when I move the detector to the side to dig and there is another shallow target under/near the coil........ I mean it is loud, and since I use the head phones I make (skullies)  which the DB rating (sound level) is 15 plus over anything out there..............I get blasted if the "AQ" comes near the scoop, moving it a side to dig.... hitting another target..Or the AQ going back into the water......Not complaining, just one of my things that I've not seen anyone else talk of.... that I can fix..while I am making a battery for it.

IP68, Bulgin On/Off...

20200711_223719.jpg

20200711_223702.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Above being said.................. the one problem I have with the "AQ" it's audio blasts when I move the detector to the side to dig and there is another shallow target under/near the coil........ I mean it is loud, and since I use the head phones I make (skullies)  which the DB rating (sound level) is 15 plus over anything out there..............I get blasted if the "AQ" comes near the scoop, moving it a side to dig.... hitting another target..Or the AQ going back into the water......Not complaining, just one of my things that I've not seen anyone else talk of.... that I can fix..while I am making a battery for it.

IP68, Bulgin On/Off...

I was wondering about the volume on targets just from listening to your videos Joe.....  there was a similar problem with the Aqua Sound when using it due to the volume of targets and the associated headphones. Dew and I solved that problem with pots to adjust the volume at the headphones.....it allowed for a better hunt but your idea is much better!

Battery seems to be coming along well.....I see lots of Excal DNA in what you have so far!  Keep us posted how it is going....thanks Joe.

Cliff

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Are you getting blasted because of the headphones you are using or are you also saying that you have to run the volume super high to hear the faint deep signals? That would be a major annoyance for me.

One thing I like about the CZ20 is that I can hear every sound the detector is capable of making without having to raise the volume above a comfortable level.  I never get blasted by shallow targets or large pieces of metal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

Are you getting blasted because of the headphones you are using or are you also saying that you have to run the volume super high to hear the faint deep signals? That would be a major annoyance for me.

One thing I like about the CZ20 is that I can hear every sound the detector is capable of making without having to raise the volume above a comfortable level.  I never get blasted by shallow targets or large pieces of metal.

It's the shallow targets that get me, and I guess you would say its a combination of the headset I use and the AQ's steroids volume. I use the same set of head phones with my excalibur and it is noisy also but not as intense. I'm very surprised no one else has had the issue of setting the coil to the side when they dig and getting blasted by a stray shallow target.

I'll go thru my hunt the other day and see if I can find what I am talking about. I did consider what Cliff had mentioned, the volume adjustment but then you loose the faint signals. Give me a few hours and I'll get a video up...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

It's the shallow targets that get me, and I guess you would say its a combination of the headset I use and the AQ's steroids volume. I use the same set of head phones with my excalibur and it is noisy also but not as intense. I'm very surprised no one else has had the issue of setting the coil to the side when they dig and getting blasted by a stray shallow target.

I'll go thru my hunt the other day and see if I can find what I am talking about. I did consider what Cliff had mentioned, the volume adjustment but then you loose the faint signals. Give me a few hours and I'll get a video up...

I find that the same is true for the TDI Beach Hunter with stock headphones. I have to turn the volume way down because it is so loud on shallow targets. I have a hearing impairment so you might think that this is a good thing but I don't want to damage the hearing I have left.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Compass said:

but I don't want to damage the hearing I have left.

Might be the wrong way to set the audio and not only this thing...But I managed to keep a softer target response maxing 70%the treshold and reducing a lot the volume knob...Seems like the audio amplifier react a lot less in this way...leaving the higher treshold is much easier to balance your audio boost needs...Try it in an air test and see what I mean...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Three very short video's of the audio. 

First is my scoop getting to close to the "AQ" and this can be fixed by turning the audio off as soon as I move the AQ to the right and not turning it back on till I'm Pinpointing again. 

Second video is...I've moved the Aq to the right to get away from the scoop as I am digging but there is a target .......right there so I have to lift the AQ up to keep it from giving me a blasting signal from a shallow target. I have the same thing with the Excalibur but it's bearable..AQ the audio is intense! 

Third video is....common with the TDI and AQ,,, as the AQ is going into the water it makes a swooping false...(It's adjusting to the conditions) ...........twice as loud as the TDI... ...once the coil is level its fine... ..........just trying to make my hunting experience more enjoyable with the on / off switch. Also notice as I lean it on it's side which makes it smoother.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

P.S. talk about that Skullies please🔥🤣

Skullies ...Not made for diving unfortunately, (water resistant) and maybe not the best for the faint of hearing. Honestly, I don't think the AQ needs any help on the audio...I was considering a Audio amp, like Doc's Screamer but it would do more damage then good and that was before I had my "AQ"..So I think you will be fine with the stockers. I just like pushing things to there limits.  

I'm just using the stock headphones with the volume and threshold set at 5. I haven't noticed any particular blast that I feel is uncomfortable.

• Like 1