4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A mixed blessing for sure. The main complaint with a lot of underwater detectors is lack of volume. Not an issue with AQ! While wading and using Tones I am running the volume all the way down at minimum.

Well it's good to know that with these headphones I won't be wanting something louder. Too many hunters are always buying different sets just to get some extra decibels. I fall into that category! LOL

Bob K

50 minutes ago, tvr said:

For the AQ, do you think you might consider using something like a Zener diode based limiter with the Skullies?

Thanks TVR....

I could never get them to work on Piezo;s..I use to order my Audiosears speakers with the little guys..which they worked great on....But . I never really liked them for the would clip the tops off of some signals.. I think I've been thru every birdcage trying to get the very best audio...

The headphones work great for i can hear stuff no one else can, and that's with the excalibur. And they work great on the "AQ', but I may go deaf before the end of the year if I don't do something..đź’€

I had to look around to find a few from the old days..

limiter.jpg

OBN-0001.jpg

• Like 2

The Zeners was an easy to fit in the space try. Beyond that to get rid of the clipping is probably an AGC circuit and that would mean a circuit card in limited space. I no longer have the tools to do a photo etch board so I would not be of much help with that.  At least the stock AQ phones seem to be pretty good.  

• Like 1