I'm amazed at what you can do! 👏

• Like 1

Finished off the stick battery, All works as should....m=uses stock "AQ" mounts which is nice....next is get it in the water later this week. Painted 3/4 flat black and left a clear area so I can watch it close the first two times out. Will be watching the run time close also.

21C.jpg

21q.jpg

21X.jpg

21z.jpg

21u.jpg

21uu.jpg

21g.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Very slick, Joe!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Thanks 1

That turned out great Joe. Nice job!

• Thanks 1

Joe,

What is the approximate total cost that you have in the 26650 battery version, part wise excluding labor? Your DIY skills match your detecting skill so I am not surprised to see such a clean factory looking setup as your attention to details are just as equal.  Kudos to you on taking the time out of your detecting time to better this machine.  Of course more uninterrupted time in the water beyond the 3.5 hours is the main driving force behind your work on this project but also maybe a little "FT, why didn't YOU do this in the first place" attitude can be seen also. LOL

Can't wait for the DIY video!!!

HH,

Joe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cuniagau said:

Joe,

What is the approximate total cost that you have in the 26650 battery version, part wise excluding labor? Your DIY skills match your detecting skill so I am not surprised to see such a clean factory looking setup as your attention to details are just as equal.  Kudos to you on taking the time out of your detecting time to better this machine.  Of course more uninterrupted time in the water beyond the 3.5 hours is the main driving force behind your work on this project but also maybe a little "FT, why didn't YOU do this in the first place" attitude can be seen also. LOL

Can't wait for the DIY video!!!

HH,

Joe

Thanks cuniagau..

A quick add up. maybe 65.oo dollars. I'll do a break down later to confirm. I'm happy with this first try at a battery but I see a few things I need to change..Let see how this one goes, I can start using it more now that I don't have to worry about the run time.

I also slipped in a on/off button for the audio, I'm just as excited about that also..

Good Luck to you, and Be safe..

• Like 2

That's a nice looking setup Joe, to have your AQ battery improved, completed and ready to go. 👏

Looking forward to run times.

Looks great Joe! I’m really thinking four 26650 batteries are going to be the optimum solution for those wanting longer run times. Yours is more elegant and waterproof than my more off the shelf alternative. Total cost either way looks to be about the same at around $70 batteries included.

• Like 2