15 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Finished off the stick battery

I love it!

looks like a stick of dynamite ...
Did you prepared a bulldozer Joe?😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Finished off the stick battery, All works as should....m=uses stock "AQ" mounts which is nice....next is get it in the water later this week. Painted 3/4 flat black and left a clear area so I can watch it close the first two times out. Will be watching the run time close also.

21C.jpg

21q.jpg

21X.jpg

21z.jpg

21u.jpg

21uu.jpg

21g.jpg

Your welcome !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

Your welcome !

Carolina sent me several pictures I asked for on the MDT. Thank You T!! Then he filled me in on how good the 26650 MDT batteries were, I think Dew did also...Funny he though I was interested in buying a MDT when I asked about pictures.....Steve I think you bought the one he sent me the link on..

Honest, I think fisher should check into the 26650 batteries..No difference in weight from the original battery pack...and unless they can come up with some super 18650's I don't think they can top the EML batteries.

So this is how idea's get going, sharing...

OBN-0000.jpg

OBN-0001.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Honest, I think fisher should check into the 26650 batteries..No difference in weight from the original battery pack...and unless they can come up with some super 18650's I don't think they can top the EML batteries...

Joe, there is a better option. Samsung got the same capacity in smaller battery size - 21700.

Using this batteries in different projects since time and absolutely happy with performance.

Screenshot_20200722-070057_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Pjrough those would be a great option for the New "AQ"! I may do another drop in using them, maybe start my Carbon shaft project? Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Pjrough those would be a great option for the New "AQ"! I may do another drop in using them, maybe start my Carbon shaft project? Thanks for sharing!  

Those are flat-top. They need to be soldered together and not just dropped in the shaft.

I do not know if there are some with button top.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Willy said:

Those are flat-top. They need to be soldered together and not just dropped in the shaft.

I do not know if there are some with button top.

They make magnets for that job....strong little guys... I did notice you can't drop the batteries in ....more of a slowly let them fall, for they will dent the next battery you drop in..(bottom) And they have different sizes for different batteries.

s-l640.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

They make magnets for that job....strong little guys... I did notice you can't drop the batteries in ....more of a slowly let them fall, for they will dent the next battery you drop in..And they have different sizes for different batteries.

s-l640.jpg

Good to know, I did not know that little detail.

However, it seems that these cells are not protected and thus, not certified. They  could not be used as such for any commercial system😢

With the BMS PCB, they would still be longer.

• Like 2