CTX 4040 Or Equinox 1000... Or Both?

If I weren't aware of the planned obsolescence, I would think there must be some kind of idiot in the design department. After the overwhelming proof of the Excalibur in terms of diving ability, what else is needed to get them on the road to build completely watertight machines?

I'm tired to fight with water leakage, burned batteries and flooded screens.

They can do what they want with the electronics inside.A beach machine is something that I pretend to be environment proof and not to be personally adapted and arranged to the job.What a pain was for some of my friends to pay 2.500€ to drown the crap after a week.

I never forget who play with my money.

54 minutes ago, FloridaSon said:

Depending on when Minelabs' fiscal year begins (July 1, 2021?), these may not be out for another year except for beta testers. Cant wait.

You got it backwards. The Minelab 2021 fiscal year starts in July 2020. The clock is ticking.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

If I weren't aware of the planned obsolescence, I would think there must be some kind of idiot in the design department. After the overwhelming proof of the Excalibur in terms of diving ability, what else is needed to get them on the road to build completely watertight machines?

I'm tired to fight with water leakage, burned batteries and flooded screens.

They can do what they want with the electronics inside.A beach machine is something that I pretend to be environment proof and not to be personally adapted and arranged to the job.What a pain was for some of my friends to pay 2.500€ to drown the crap after a week.

I never forget who play with my money.

Minelab would tell you to buy an Excalibur. Machines rated for ten feet are not serious contenders for commercial type work, which is the category you are in.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

After the overwhelming proof of the Excalibur in terms of diving ability, what else is needed to get them on the road to build completely watertight machines?

It's called demand.  Just not enough of a potential sales base to support the investment.  It is really a niche of niche -  Only a small subset of hobbiest detectorists enter the water, only a subset of those dive.  And fewer still make a living of it like you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's called demand.  Just not enough of a potential sales base to support the investment.  It is really a niche of niche -  Only a small subset of hobbiest detectorists enter the water, only a subset of those dive.  And fewer still make a living of it like you do.

More to the point, they already made the investment and make the machine. The Excalibur, possibly the most popular dive rated detector sold. In my opinion detectors rated to ten feet are basically wading detectors, sufficient for some light duty underwater use on a recreational basis. If a person wants more than that, they should be looking at units rated to 100 feet or more. Will those be cutting edge electronics? No. It is indeed a very limited niche market, and you basically have the Garrett Sea Hunter, Fisher 1280 and CZ21, and Excalibur to choose from, now that the White’s Surf PI is out of production. All older units, meant to serve the need of those wanting genuine dive type detectors. Even they will leak, but not as soon and in far fewer numbers then machines rated for ten feet.

I doubt any new machine from Minelab will be rated for more than ten feet, and will not replace the Excalibur. It will probably be the Minelab “dive detector” for another ten or twenty years. The Fisher 1280X has been in continuous production since 1985, over 35 years now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Perfect and clear analysis of my little neglected world...😩

That's for this reason that I feel angry sometimes.

Over a decade looking for a problem free working"tool" and really few options that I don't even like too much.

I actually ended with the Tdi BH purchase just cause seemed able to copy the Excalibur conduct, or at least in the shallows and discrimination is a drug I'm gradually detoxing from...

Still a too much floating ball...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

CZ21, and Excalibur

Already owned both of them Steve...

I love analogic machines and still prefer to hear by sound whats under there...

The Ctx was and still is for me the gun which taked me on another level.

I've been too many times out of air leaving water with gold in the egg and leaving there competition with stuff of any kind but no gold...I dream that kind of electronics in a bulletproof case...That's my nightmare more than a dream.

I'm still waiting for an Excalibur 3 where you can easily change coils and headphones, and one with a pin point switch already built into the handle. Having to pay $1500 for a detector and then another $5-800 to modify it so it is more efficient is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1