CTX 4040 Or Equinox 1000... Or Both?

34 minutes ago, cudamark said:

Having to pay $1500 for a detector and then another $5-800 to modify it so it is more efficient is ridiculous.

And over time things have not improved! The shaft has remained the main disaster and never been updated with an adjustable Anderson, the 8 "coil disappeared from retailers and then only remained 10" in production ... For what absurd reason  I do not know.

Sensitivity on small gold stuff never improved, so a good part of Us choosed the risk to use the wading machines to go deeper and have a chance to pick up subtle signals missed by the green monster of the past..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If Minelab pulled this off and actually did it right, I think a new name would be in order - the Minelab Ultimate!

All interesting stuff Steve, more for you to test.

I really like Steve's predictions!  Whatever they come out with, I'm sure the technology will be ground breaking...it's the Minelab way.

My request of them however would be to avoid being "penny wise and pound foolish" like they were with the original thin CTX gaskets and the thin coil ears on the EQX.

My requests of Minelab:

If they advertise WATERPROOF to 10 feet, I want it WATERPROOF.

I also want to see much thicker, sturdier coil ears. 

Those two requests would save them many thousands of dollars in warranty replacement costs and many thousands of happy customers.

Just the view from my dreaming foxhole...

• Like 2

Has anyone mentioned a wider coil selection?

Besides the obvious waterproof issue, do we really need an external speaker built in the unit any longer? If that would help the depth rating, I'm all for it! Everyone i see with a detector In use NEVER use the external speaker! (Except amateur tourists) No one hunting near people, wants them to hear every signal hit! Not to mention that the weak signals will go mostly unheard without headphones!👍👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe D. said:

do we really need an external speaker built in the unit any longer? If that would help the depth rating, I'm all for it! Everyone i see with a detector In use NEVER use the external speaker! (Except amateur tourists)

I guess I’m one of those amateur tourists then. Yes, I want a detector to have an external speaker. When in dead silent desert with snakes, or completely silent woods with bears... I prefer to hear what’s going on around me. I don’t need headphones when it’s quiet, and the nearest person is miles away.

10 hours ago, Randy Dee said:

All interesting stuff Steve, more for you to test.

No testing needed. I learned a long time ago with Minelab, that when a new model comes out, I just need to get one and go detecting! :smile:

• Like 3

Yes Steve, you are the poster child for an Amateur Tourist Detectorist!!!! 🤣😂😅😭

Your a one off!! I'll give you a pass!! 🤣

I think the only "dead silence" i will ever get to experence, is when I'm actually dead!😂👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll vote for an internal speaker also.  The area I poke around in is infested with bears, probably cougar too, although I haven't seen a cat yet.  Big bears almost every time!

17 hours ago, N7XW said:

I'll vote for an internal speaker also.  The area I poke around in is infested with bears, probably cougar too, although I haven't seen a cat yet.  Big bears almost every time!

At one of the beaches I go to I come across some cougars from time to time.  Maybe with a nice loud speaker I can attract one 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3