CTX 4040 Or Equinox 1000... Or Both?

13 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

At one of the beaches I go to I come across some cougars from time to time. Β Maybe with a nice loud speaker I can attract oneΒ πŸ€”

Careful, they may be out to steal your gold!

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever machine it'll be - hopefully Steve becomes field-tester again 😁

• Like 2

Ok, you allΒ win!!Β  I'm all bruised up from being beaten with the "no speaker" request! I will just seal mine up! Talk about peer pressure!!Β πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Ok, you allΒ win!!Β  I'm all bruised up from being beaten with the "no speaker" request! I will just seal mine up! Talk about peer pressure!!Β πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

I've done so with the Nox with a thick, clear sticker - gives me a better feeling..

• Like 1

I think one of the worst detector Minelab has ever produced is Go find series.I know it aims at beginners and budget market but the quality is really crap cheap plastics.The Vanquish series altso doesn't add anything new to the market either.I think they have to focus on their best detectors like Excalibur and CTX and NOX and improving them instead.Β 

• Like 1

seems I have a lot of catching up to do...I dont really see anything to improve upon as far as the Nox goes...there are some sensitivity issues but that comes with the territory....we've been crying for a lighter and faster CTX for a long time now...maybe it's finally time to sell my CTX...the ability of the ctx to notch out bottle caps and still be able to hit important targets is amazing and hopefully they can make it better and much faster..

strick

• Like 2

It would be nice if they got to Excalibur by changing the components with a new state of the artΒ ,Β  it would become half, underwater connectors on the cables to be able to change headphones and coils, lithium batteries.
Here,Β  in Italy,Β  many have made these changes, Excalibur is still an unbeatable machine.

• Like 2

Heard claims of recent sightings of disguised Minelab detector being field tested in Adelaide Hills (South Australia). Thought to be a gold detector positioned above GPX5000 and below GPZ7000 which makes sense from a marketing angle - doesn't obsolete the 7000 as the flagship model and the 5000 now becomes entry level machine for pulse induction with the 4500 being discontinued. Naturally this is all unsubstantiated rumour.

Just a few thoughts.

I am pretty sure Minelab has taken FBS as far as they intend (i.e. FBS2 being the final "refinement" of that platform), with "Multi-IQ" now being the new simultaneous multi-frequency platform from which the next, future "flagship" VLF unitΒ will be produced.Β Β 

SO, from that angle, what I'm really hoping for is a EquiCTX 1040Β  -- i.e. something with "Equinox DNA" but CTX-type features (target trace, 2-D screen, CO/FE numbers, etc.), plus any new refinements that may be on the drawing board.Β  Just like FBS "evolved" from the Explorer to the E-Trac, and then became "FBS2" with the CTX, I'm hoping that this next flagship will bring some of the best of the CTX and Equinox together, into kind of a top-end, Multi-IQ2 type of machine.Β  This, plus some more flexibility with coil selection (or possibly allowing third-party companies like Detech, etc. to build aftermarket coils) would be something I'd LOVE to see!

Steve

• Like 4

On 7/20/2020 at 11:53 PM, VicR said:

Heard claims of recent sightings of disguised Minelab detector being field tested in Adelaide Hills (South Australia). Thought to be a gold detector positioned above GPX5000 and below GPZ7000 which makes sense from a marketing angle - doesn't obsolete the 7000 as the flagship model and the 5000 now becomes entry level machine for pulse induction with the 4500 being discontinued. Naturally this is all unsubstantiated rumour.

Β