This was my 3rd and last hunt. I went out for a low tide hunt and I was the only one at the beach. I think it’s mostly because people are going at night and leaving when the sun goes up.

Things were looking good, I was pulling the correct targets that should lead to some gold. Within 1.5 hrs I had pulled the 5 rings and ear ring. I continued hunting but the next half hour I wasn’t getting any targets anymore so I decided to throw a nickel on the ground. I was running all metal and max sensitivity. I ran the coil about an inch from the nickel and I could hear it but not that strong.  I decided to start raising the coil and kept swinging until I couldn’t hear it anymore. At about 8-9 inches I couldn’t hear the nickel anymore. The battery was still good but I decided to try my backup that was fully charged.  I got the same results on the wet and dry with the fully charged battery. I have no idea what happened with the AQ after only 3 hunts but I did noticed the back of the control pod was rather warm.  I don’t know if it was warm because this is a high powered detector or some other reason.

P I shot an email to Rick which he forwarded to Fisher and I got a call back within two hours. I spoke to Felix and he sent me a shipping label so the detector is heading back to FT. I am bummed that this happened specially when I was on a roll but sh*t happens.  I hope they are able to figured out what happened quickly so that I can get back to swinging and learning it some more. Good luck out there, HH. The 3 rings and ear ring are silver. The other two rings, one is tungsten and the other is junk. When I was about to dig the junk ring in my head I was like this is a big ring, pulled it out and I’m like 🤯 The pictures show all the targets I dug this hunt.

53B4E2B3-C0F4-4BD6-A8F9-B1E8FCB0B7A5.jpeg

8DE52AFC-3560-4C86-8ABB-7A37474C790D.jpeg

F0DA9920-B770-4B19-8E11-EB426AA32513.jpeg

8EE45FCA-3DA4-44D2-9357-4EC00D757522.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 3

Wow Seeker what a shame!- I mean congrats on the silver but it looks like you were in the zone with a good possibility of finding some gold. I usually have a backup detector with me for such a situation, especially, since I don't live that close to the beach but I know some hunters aren't comfortable having extra equipment in their vehicles.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

Within 1.5 hrs I had pulled the 5 rings and ear ring.

Wow!With a similar ring/time ratio I'd never leave the place without to keep at least a referral point to go back there soon as possible.Probably using a real gps with coordinates. Unluckily my find's life is under the surface and to keep trace of a point I need other three of them on the compass to isolate a promising spot.

I'm sorry for your AQ, but thanks for the notice of a fast phone call from them at FT...This is something I really want from someone that is supposed to be my future "bread" supplier...

• Like 2

Still nice finds Seeker!

Being a "beta tester" definitely has it's downside! But your unit will make the next one's better! I'm sure you won't have to wait as long for your AQ, as I am for the Nox repair!!👍👍

• Like 1

Too bad that happened. Hopefully you’ll be in the swing again shortly. 

• Like 1

Good hunt and them bummer!

Better days ahead.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Sorry to see for it looks like you were getting ready for the big one!  I like the quick response from Rick and Fisher..If you still have the machine check the power cable. I noticed twice now it had like a static electricity  build up?  A disconnect then reconnect it clears up...

Also check the volume, I had a few moments I though something had went...turned out I accidentally hit the volume...After me going thru all I seen the volume was low..So it was a false alarm..

And the AQ does run Hot! Some of the first test I ran when I was doing the battery testing...I did a temp test. Best to get to know every little detail for the AQ is like no other Animal.

Different areas of the control head..

91 degrees

98145205_580284322613474_6111349681768366080_n.jpg

131 degrees

98355505_659042844642604_5639103343079981056_n.jpg

109 degrees

99078100_293492881651499_9210448256922812416_n.jpg

All temps taken within a few seconds of each at different points on the head unit

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 2

15 hours ago, Compass said:

Wow Seeker what a shame!- I mean congrats on the silver but it looks like you were in the zone with a good possibility of finding some gold. I usually have a backup detector with me for such a situation, especially, since I don't live that close to the beach but I know some hunters aren't comfortable having extra equipment in their vehicles.

Thanks Compass. Unfortunately that day I didn’t take a back up. The first two times I hunted with the AQ I did take a back up but not this time. Once I get it back I will have to start carrying a second detector for a couple of hunts.

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I guess you have the distinction of being the first failure serious enough to warrant a return to HQ. That sucks, as it looks like you are doing well.

I have never had any problems with any other detector. This one that I have babied so much putting it on the back seat on something soft and then covering repays me this way 🥴 I really hope it’s an easy fix so I can get back out there and try to find my first gold.

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Sorry to see for it looks like you were getting ready for the big one!  I like the quick response from Rick and Fisher..If you still have the machine check the power cable. I noticed twice now it had like a static electricity  build up?  A disconnect then reconnect it clears up...

Also check the volume, I had a few moments I though something had went...turned out I accidentally hit the volume...After me going thru all I seen the volume was low..So it was a false alarm..

And the AQ does run Hot! Some of the first test I ran when I was doing the battery testing...I did a temp test. Best to get to know every little detail for the AQ is like no other Animal.

Different areas of the control head..

During the hunts I have the habit of always checking my settings to see where I’m at. I did replace my battery with the fully charged back up so that should have taken care of the static build up. I sort of figured the running hot part was due to it being a high power unit that likes to a consume a lot of volts/amps.  Thanks for all the great info you provide us OBN.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

131 degrees

131 F degrees?😟means 55 C at the highest peak of your measurements...Jeez...Good to use it fully "underwater cooled"

• Like 3