Garrett Apex Testing Video #1

A bit too staged and over the top, like their TV show, for my taste. Nothing looked very deep, but, it would have a lot more helpful to do a side by side comparison with their other machines instead of just being a back slapper for Garrett and Apex.

• Like 6

There are several new videos out like the one above, with Garrett employees along for the hunt. Most do not show any details of the finds, such as signals, depth, etc, they just show the good stuff found.  I can wait for some comparison videos myself on undug targets. More details of each find.

• Like 4

I have a dirty little secret. I don't watch videos. I post some now and then for other people to watch, but that is about it. I did not watch this one so I apologize if it sucks. Unfortunately until the detector is for sale stuff like this is all we have.

All I have to do to know if I am interested in a detector is look at the specification and feature list. If it looks good to me, I have to get one and give it a try. I really like what I'm seeing in the Apex, and if it was waterproof I'd probably get one, but that item is missing off the feature list. Too bad, as it hits just about every other requirement I have.

• Like 4

Definitely nothing to see in this video except for the overblown presentation about "Dual Volume Control" which is nothing more than iron volume control, which is something plenty of other detectors (even US made ones) have had for years.........

Jeff

• Like 4

I see they gave green   mountain metal  detector one. His name is  Brad.I think you might enjoy some of his videos  Steve since most of it  is in the mountains of Vermont at old places.He even does his own music.He finds  Spanish gold at one.Check that one out at least.His are different.

• Like 1

I hope the gas pain he was having did pass . 

I think it was a great video but don’t you pinpoint the target with your detector. I must say this is my first to have the hole dug for you and everyone have a old coin in it .

I’m really looking forward to the next video. Who knows maybe in the next video they’ll use it .

It’s amazing how someone could do injustice to what may be a great detector.

Chuck 

On 7/13/2020 at 3:20 PM, Dances With Doves said:

I see they gave green   mountain metal  detector one. His name is  Brad.I think you might enjoy some of his videos  Steve since most of it  is in the mountains of Vermont at old places.He even does his own music.He finds  Spanish gold at one.Check that one out at least.His are different.

I'm sure he is great, but I'd rather watch paint dry than watch other people metal detect. :smile: The only videos I generally like are done by engineers and delve into some kind of tech info.

• Like 4

This guy reminds me why I was not successful as a promoter.When I was asked to film and test models already on the market, in a tone that emphasized a special function, it seemed to me that I was making an effort, rather than something that amused me. After years spent digging all kinds of rubbish, it is really difficult to tell someone that gold is there, waiting for you and You just have to buy this new toy to have it all.

Honestly, when I saw on my hands for the first time a thin 1.7 gram wedding band to sound 35 cm far from the Tdi coil in a useless air test, the only thing I was thinking was:"Damn! how much I missed until now?"without to scream for the miracle.

However, after videomaking, today I have another funnier hobby....😅

low grunt.jpg

• Like 4