Pocket Hunting Bet

if I have a chance to "go out" as opposed to a chance to look it up…you know where I'm going on this...

And you seem to be a heck of a lot closer than an internet search or whatever…:rolleyes:

• Like 1

did you acidize this or is the natural----??????

If it is natural. please dont go back there until i get there.....

You will definitely need my assistance and Merton will be too busy studying Geo reports to help --- 

I, on the other hand, will be a willing subject to haul all the nuggets away from the area [to prevent you from hurting yourself.]

My number is BR...549 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

You will definitely need my assistance

Paul, so impressed with your willingness to just jump in for a friend like that. You are setting a great example for all of us. :smile: Hope all is well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Science and research is well and good, but boots on the ground with detector in hand is mo' bettah. You can't find gold just talking about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klunker said:

I, on the other hand, go about it like I do all of my prospecting which compares well to slapping mosquitoes - no plans, split second decisions, some hits and some misses.

Some of my best nugget hunting adventures have turned out that way! Can't complain about the results. Very nice specimen.👍

• Like 2

Very nice piece that you are holding and a very nice find.

I would be willing to bet that the person who is actually looking in the field known for gold will be the one who finds it.

Some people will research an area, but that does not tell you just how many others have already been there and done that on that piece of ground. Should you have an idea of where it is at like the old prospectors did then you will find more.

Good luck and happy hunting. Make sure you carry plenty of detectors and keep them cool in the heat. If not just say the word and I will help you as much as I can. You won't have to worry about the gold you find as I will keep it safe and sound. I promise it will be safe, just keep repeating that to yourself when making a decision on who you pick to help carry your finds.

• Like 2

Research isn’t everything..... but it beats the heck out of whatever is in second place...

once again... a lesson from the Taskmaster..

i once asked him, if the gold is all down this long run of claims you have, maybe I should go on East of them and explore all that ground? It looks completely open to claims.

With a look, that I was used to by this time, he states, “ there’s a reason for that. Have you looked on the geo maps I gave  you? 
That’s all way outside the line of strike and besides that it is all solid granite! Read your dam maps!”

And many other choice descriptive adjectives which I won’t include... for those who are faint of heart.

Then for my lesson of the day he says, “did you ever think of staying on the line of strike and trying to link up hot spots along that strike?”

Find new patches in between known patches on the line.

He actually looked disgusted at times during the teaching process😅

i noticed the same Aussie behavior    from Goldhound Dale, and Norvic!

Tremain and Dave were always perfect gentlemen, but I did notice them laughing a lot while looking in my direction🤠

Almost positive Klunker  has done the same...

I KNOW Condor has because he is less apt to hide his laughter 

• Like 5

Hi Paul,

You have been shown 'lessions' from some of the best. From your descriptions 
I am pretty sure you didn't have to be told twice. 

(you should write more, you have a good way with words)

• Haha 1