Pro Find 35 Cutting Up - Minelab Contacted

RobNC

Well I have a Minelab Pro Find 35 and have mentioned it is unstable and erratic. It is STILL UNDER WARRANTY. 

I did contact Minelab about the issues. They responded back and asked for more information. I responded back with the requested information. And for a few days heard NOTHING.  This got me thinking and not in a good way. Is it possible that where I purchased it from did some dicey things? The serial number was provided to Minelab of course as well as dealer name and date of purchase.

Does anyone know what kind of checking they do on such things? Better yet, how long would it take to get a definitive answer from them? Yeah yeah its just a pin pointer but not a cheap one when it was purchased last year.

I’m sorry to hear your pinpointer is acting up. It’s far more likely you are experiencing the same world full of virus side effects that all of us are. I went to the police department here today on business, and was surprised to find them closed indefinitely, phone and email contact only. Had to do what I needed to do online instead, which is basically submit a request, and wait up to five days for a reply that will merely tell me what to do next. Patience and persistence is the name of the game right now for many things.

9 hours ago, RobNC said:

Well I have a Minelab Pro Find 35 and have mentioned it is unstable and erratic. It is STILL UNDER WARRANTY. 

I did contact Minelab about the issues. They responded back and asked for more information. I responded back with the requested information. And for a few days heard NOTHING.  This got me thinking and not in a good way. Is it possible that where I purchased it from did some dicey things? The serial number was provided to Minelab of course as well as dealer name and date of purchase.

Does anyone know what kind of checking they do on such things? Better yet, how long would it take to get a definitive answer from them? Yeah yeah its just a pin pointer but not a cheap one when it was purchased last year.

Hi

I have a Pro Find 35 never had any issue with it , very reliable up to now  . I find it excellent and the iron disc is a top and unique feature. On the other hand my seller is quite upset with the Profind 35 because he has had a lot of customer issues with it  he says .  I do not what issues exactly I will ask him ...  

The issues I am experiencing are odd to say the least. Here they are:

- At times the pin pointer will beep when nothing is around. It may let out a series of beeps even if it has been turned on less than a minute. You can turn it with point tip up and it will beep like something is at the tip but nothing is.

-Sometimes the pin pointer gets stuck and just lets out a long continuous beep and does not stop until you turn it off.

- At times the vibrate function works and in the middle of use may stop but the beep still works. All this without any button pushes or adjustments.

The thing is just weird, and it does not matter what kind of battery you put in. It's never been submerged. I have cleaned it but not submerged it. Only use a damp cloth on it.

I've done multiple "factory default" resets on it. It may work ok for about 3 digs then begins to act stupid again. Nice pinpointer when it works.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:17 AM, RobNC said:

At times the vibrate function works and in the middle of use may stop but the beep still works. All this without any button pushes or adjustments.

Never mind. I saw one of your posts which makes my response moot. Sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

It's on its way back to Minelab now. Sent it Thursday

• Like 1

Try the rechargeable lithium 9v's from Blackube. Mine runs like a champ with those. If I use an alkaline battery it runs good for a couple of hours then acts up. Seems this pp really needs top power or it becomes unstable.

I paid around $25 for a pair of them off amazon. I keep one fully charged in a ziploc bag in my pouch as a backup.

Might sound like a lot of money for batteries but consider a single alkaline 9v is around $5, the Blackubes last almost 2x longer and can be cycled around 500x. They recharge off a usb cord so you could recharge them in the field with a power pack or in your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received a new in the box Pro Find 35. I have not opened it and may not pending what I decide to do.

Thank you Minelab, I appreciate you taking care of this customer.

• Like 1

LOL could fleabay it and snag a carrot hahah.

The lithum 9v's do work really good on it and the Profind 35 I think is the only one with iron sensing.

Well I can't complain now, they completely replaced it with NIB unit. I think the pinpointer has the same issues as some Equinoxes do, waterproofing and buttons. Mine never was submerged. The only water it seen was some ran over the handle and a damp rag. If it can't take that then it is definitely not water resistant and for sure not waterproof. Always dried it off after cleaning too.

When it works it is a nice pinpointer with a lot of detection depth. Mine worked a while but didn't hold up to light use. I even wrapped Temflex (a rubber material for splicing. It has no adhesive but adheres to itself when stretched over itself) over the tip to prevent damage to the tip. Any time the Temflex wore down I would replace it. So it was well taken care of. 

For now this one remains sealed in the box. And yes, I also tried Lithium 9V and the EBL rechargeable 9V Lithium-ion along with numerous high quality alkaline 9v all with same behavior. My Mars pinpointer is using one of the EBL's now and has been on 6 hunts without a recharge with no problems.