Does Anyone Know What This Is?

I found this today and I am not sure what it is. I think it is copper or brass. It has a hole on the bottom and I looks like gears on it? It looks like it should be round, but has smashed. It was found about 5 feet any from a car thermostat I found a few months ago. Is it related to that? It was found where a old driveway was, but is now part of the lawn and a vegetable garden. I might have been smashed by a tiller. 

E3E8210C-EDB4-4B57-83A0-EC208EBD44D7.jpeg

DF58A357-65C7-40DC-8490-541C8B3E72FE.jpeg

911F37C2-F043-41E8-B6CA-165C98B96257.jpeg

28B8D558-AFB7-4D63-93AB-FE3600979FBA.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like a cap off a electrical socket where it was crimped to another piece.  Maybe a thicker coated wire went through it or it had a switch attached.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Looks like a cap off a electrical socket where it was crimped to another piece.  Maybe a thicker coated wire went through it or it had a switch attached.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Do you know that for sure. Do you have I picture? I don’t think it was bent like that on purpose.

"Let me know what you think!"

Going by your quote above, it's just a guess.  Maybe you'll get other perspectives.  Hard to tell when I can't feel the weight in my hand.  Good Luck.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Hole looks like it has a keyway on it. Thinking a cover of some sorts that fit over a shave that had a keyway on it. Maybe the gear or knurl portion was to turn the keyway. Guessing some sorts of machinery or farm equipment?

58 minutes ago, kac said:

Hole looks like it has a keyway on it. Thinking a cover of some sorts that fit over a shave that had a keyway on it. Maybe the gear or knurl portion was to turn the keyway. Guessing some sorts of machinery or farm equipment?

I think it maybe a key slot of some sort. What is a shave? Thanks for responding!

Meant shaft sorry for the typo. Could be a rotary light switch but not sure. Seems too long.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d4/05/7c/d4057c48a4879cd92ddb3de5720c82ac.jpg

Any other ideas on what this is?