Apex Multi Freq Secrets Revealed - Video

• Like 1

I think Brent Weaver should stick to engineering and leave the marketing BS to the marketing 'experts'.  I found myself early in the broadcast thinking "what did he just say?" and then laughing derisively.  I think there were two other comments later in the interview which gave me similar eye-rolling responses.  I was contemplating whether Scott Adams could use some of this interview in his Dilbert comic strip.

One thing I learned was Weaver saying that the multi-frequency modes use frequency(s) higher than 20 kHz.  I wasn't aware of that -- any of you?

It will be nice when these get into the hands of non-choir members.  Then we'll hopefully get some objective answers.

One thing that has me wondering (here we go -- start a rumor) is Steve Moore's closing statement about people getting their hands on the Apex at Detectival.  Does that mean 'we' won't have them before then?  Hopefully he was just playing to his audience -- meaning you don't have to buy one to try it out if you show up at Detectival.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That guy put me off getting an Apex....

Do you have a Garrett dealer in NZ?  Because if not it sounds from your other threads that you wouldn't be getting one anyway, except maybe arriving on a Kon Tiki raft (which is faster than some of our carriers, apparently).  Or maybe swept on shore after Tom Hanks crashes another FedEx jumbo jet in the South Pacific.  (OK, he was just a passenger.)

I appreciate ELNINO77 for posting this.  Not his fault that Garrett is disapponting us with hypocritical and misleading fluff.

21 minutes ago, phrunt said:

...I think it might be a weird one that is part of Garrett....

(from the website you linked:)

Garrett in New Zealand

Garrett products are distributed throughout New Zealand by Tactical Solutions Corp trading as Garrett New Zealand. We will continue to deliver the quality products and service that the Garrett brand stands for and has stood for since 1964.

Don't really know what that means, though.  Just curious: do you have a Value Added Tax (VAT) on metal detecting equipment in NZ?  I see that even discounting for the exchange rate you are still already paying a premium over MSRP compared to us.

An entertaining interview (while I watched Liverpool V Man City which was even more entertaining).

How many ways can you say bad things about the Equinox/Vanquish without mentioning names. Or belittle specialty higher frequency detectors (above 20 kHz) by saying they lose performance quickly in higher mineralization and then go into nebulous detail about how the new Apex in multi frequency is using frequencies above 20 kHz and actually say TO DEAL WITH HIGHER MINERALIZATION!!!!! 

I did pay attention when Mr. Weaver said the Apex is a true broadband multi frequency detector (whatever that means)

I really enjoyed Garrett's response to the interviewer's statement that the APEX would step on the AT Series toes. The Garrett guys did not want to go there but did take a few more indirect shots at the Equinox and any other higher frequency capable detector costing more than the APEX instead.

Still plan to try one just to assure some Garrett fan folks that I actually have owned a Garrett who don't believe me (I hated my AT Gold big time)

Jeff 

• Like 2

Title of video Apex Multi-Frequency Secrets Revealed!

Statement in video "well, obviously we are not going to share any secrets!" :laugh: There was some twisting and weaving going on for sure.

I think Garrett has got a real solid product here at a very nice price point. I'd get one ASAP if it were waterproof, but since it is not I'll sit back and see what happens with this model. A waterproof version has to be in the works and they can get the bugs worked out with this one in the meantime.

garrett-apex-take-to-the-next-level.jpg

• Like 1