Anyone Uses A Vx3? Help Needed...

Hopefully Vito is okay and will be back soon from Deutschland. I want to hear what he has to say too.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So what does the manual say and what is the machine showing? Impossible to help with no information about what the problem is.

Hello Steve, you are so right.

After a 2 hr hunt yesterday I had the idea to read the manual again today. At page 6-5 after reading about sensitivity probe I tried to do as described but had no luck. The detector shows the left screen (sensitivity controls) but not the probe right side as shown in the image with readings for signal and noise.

What is shown in the manual at page 6-6 for the ground probe is still working fine.

May be some other user have the same "issue" and this will be as it is and the probe isn't available for the vx3 and the manual is wrong? or does mine vx3 fail?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

I am still on page 1 of the manual so I am no help. 

Sorry,

Jeff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, locator said:

Hello Steve, you are so right.

After a 2 hr hunt yesterday I had the idea to read the manual again today. At page 6-5 after reading about sensitivity probe I tried to do as described but had no luck. The detector shows the left screen (sensitivity controls) but not the probe right side as shown in the image with readings for signal and noise.

What is shown in the manual at page 6-6 for the ground probe is still working fine.

May be some other user have the same "issue" and this will be as it is and the probe isn't available for the vx3 and the manual is wrong? or does mine vx3 fail?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Hello * Locator .... 1. First go to Sensitivity in the live control Bar menu ... and 2. then ... press the Zoom / View button...

IMG_20200620_195205.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you all a lot for your help. I didn't know exactly what caused the problem.

@ Jeff McClendon - No problem and nothing to be sorry for.

@ El Nino77 - Thank you for helping. When I follow your steps the screen will change like yours except the right side, reading probe, signal, noise...etc. will be blank.

@ Steve Herschbach - Thank you for the link to the vid. Very informative, bookmarked it.

This whole thing bothered me and this morning I tried a lot of things with no success. So I wrote down all my program changes to a chart and did the master reset. Now it works as it should. I really have no clue what happened. Now I have to change the programs to my needs again and then I'll see if it continues working.

• Like 2

I'm glad you solved it .... Locator ... Spectra is an exceptional machine..and I have a lot of detection options ..... in the picture is Spectra VX3 with Taktyk Two-box ...

The Signal probe screen on the  Whites Spectra VX3 is the same as on the Spectra V3i  .. except for the TX bost function ...

Taktyk- Two Box Whites Spectra VX3.jpg

Taktyk - Two Box  Spectra VX3 -signal probe...jpg

• Thanks 1