Rsc On A Ring

I went out for a late beach swing because I had an hour or two.  If I found something I'd stay but as it turns out I didn't charge the Nox.  This was my 4th trip on it.  So the trip was cut short but not until after I found a little ring.  It came it at 17 on beach 1.  It was 6-7" down.  There were so few other targets I knew I needed to dig it.  Soon after I found it the volume dropped significantly and I looked at the battery indicator and it was flashing.  I had about 20 minutes after that before it died.

So this little ring has a great bit of trauma that I didn't cause.  It would be interesting to know why that happened.  It weighs just 1.7g and the marking on the inside is RSC.  I looked for that marking online and some say it is a gold mark and some say it is a maker's mark.

What say you?

IMG_8724.JPG

IMG_8723.JPG

IMG_8722.JPG

IMG_8721.JPG

• Like 4

Congrats on the ring Mitchel. I can't help you with the markings but I can share that I have found a many misshapened rings at the beach. Some were downright smashed almost beyond recognition. I'm sure it's from years of tumbling in the surf and getting caught between moving rocks.

• Thanks 1

That is a makers mark and is probably sterling silver plated, I don't think it is solid silver due to the color of it.

Good luck on your next hunt and charge those batteries!