13.6 Gram Gold Ring Excalibur

Joe, I was kidding about that, they have taxes on everything even oxygen for the scuba tanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

There  is  folklore about a bull shark attack in  Lake Michigan  in 1955.I am not kidding.  Google it.    

I have read a few articles that stated they have been found up to 1000 miles up river😲.  I had an experience in brackish water a few years back with an 8 1/2 footer 50 feet in front of me. I didn't go back to that spot until winter.

• Like 1

Hey Joe....another great find...time and location and the right tools - the great equalizer!

Two things:

1. As you know, when I showed the former Senator from NY your picture of the ring let's just say he was more than embarrassed....

2. Chin deep?  Jellyfish?  You had best keep your mouth closed....😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

I have read a few articles that stated they have been found up to 1000 miles up river😲.  I had an experience in brackish water a few years back with an 8 1/2 footer 50 feet in front of me. I didn't go back to that spot until winter.

The one good thing about Bull sharks is they can't live in cold water to long.For you Ches.    bay  hunters they are GONE in winter.

• Like 2

Love the rings and the story's but I do not do the shark thing. With my luck I would be the guy on the news stating I was the first victim in 75 years (nope)  Looking forward to more and larger.

• Like 1

Nice find Joe! I have now learned to be sitting down in a chair before looking at your finds. This way I don't fall down on the floor in a state of shock...I just slump back in the chair! 😄

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 11:52 PM, Dances With Doves said:

There  is  folklore about a bull shark attack in  Lake Michigan  in 1955.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:04 AM, Mikeguard01 said:

I have read a few articles that stated they have been found up to 1000 miles up river.

Coincidentally I watched an episode of River Monsters (with Jeremy Wade) last evening on Discovery Channel.  He was catching them (9 footers) in a river in South Africa.  He wasn't so far up the river (I think it was less than 100 km).  One of the things he said was that even though they are now proving that there are quite a few in that river, there has never been a recorded attack there.  (That didn't stop the locals from complaining about catch-and-release.)  However another thing he said was that the sharks are feasting on recreational anglers' catch -- gobbling them off the line before they can be landed.  Another thing he said was that the world's longest ever recorded bull shark was caught there about a decade ago -- 13 footer.  Finally that bull sharks are responsible for more documented human deaths than any other species, including Great Whites.  (Maybe all this is old news to you experienced water detectorists.)

• Like 2