Bell Button And Bit Of Clad

Hit a new spot that used to have car shows on the field so it is a haven for trash. Enough iron there to sound like a loud threshold hum so I only spent an hour scouting it out and bit of cherry picking. Usual clad in the shadded areas and this tiny bell button that rang in the gold range but it is just tiny and bronze. Had a bit of trouble looking for it as it was dark and not the aluminum or gold color I was looking for. Will be hitting that are again as the woods are old. Should be great this fall/winter as it is mostly pines.

61660933498__C563E020-2994-40AE-8946-25CF1D7FB254.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kac said:

Hit a new spot that used to have car shows....

You mean only recently or do they extend back into the silver coinage days?  You mention iron.  If that is from the car shows (and I'm interpreting correctly that you mean display type shows, not parts swap meets) then I assume you're talking about crown caps and maybe old (pre-aluminum) cans.

Building is early 1800's, one part of the property there has been some ball fields added, other side of the property had a small park used for various gatherings including car shows from the 80's until recently. There are some crown caps but more aluminum can slaw and square tabs. Iron in the ground is probably naturally occurring but in substantial amounts.

Nice to see you back out there again, and hope you have some good luck on that piece of ground.

The place sounds as though it should give up some nice items for you.

That's an awesome bell find. I like finding stuff like that.