Minelab Eq 600 Error 11

Well ever heard of the saying, can't win for loosing? I finally got my two weeks vacation approved, checked all tide charts weather forecast etc.

Then the night before my planned hunt, the County Judge closed all county beaches, for exactly, you guessed it two weeks. Because of the high spike in C-19 cases.

The city decided to keep their beaches open with restrictions. so my only hope was to get there early hunt before the crowd, scoop up all the treasure and run as fast as possible.

First hunt, decided to use the Minilab Eq 600 light weight can hunt sand and water haven't used much since they sent replacement. the first one had a defective on/off switch. fast turnaround great service I commend them on that. used for about 2 hours, then decided to hunt another area. when I got there it gave me a CD Code and would power off. only saw that once before when I forgot to connect the coil. checked coil connection and coil. did a factory reset. no luck. hunt over. took it home set for two days while I did honey do's. checked it and it was working again. kept checking for two more days, trying to finish honey do's.. wife thinks my vacation time means her time..to do her stuff. 

decided to try again. this time hunted for 3 hours no problem, then it happened hunting the wet sand it gave me a ER 11 Code. did factory reset that worked then the ER 11 came back and shut unit down. would not go past the ER 11Code. could not take spare detector due to vandalism high in the area I hunt. So now I'm in communication with Minelab Technician. to see if I need to send back in again. Don't have any other coils to try. figure that could be the problem. or not. Vacation over did not get to go anymore. planned on going Saturday to city beach again but was informed we might be back in home lockdown again. Starting Friday. County beaches closed till further notice. Will keep you updated on EQ 600 adventure. p.s also asked minilab if I could trade defective unit in for a 800 pod and pay the difference . Stated they do not have any program at this time for upgrades.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for all the trouble you're experiencing, but really funny reading🤣🤣

Seems like you are taking it easy however and actually there isn't any option than wait for better times...

• Like 1