Cache Hunting..... F75 Ltd Or Impact ????

Fisher makes a cache coil for the F75.    15" DD

Nokta makes a cache coil for the IMPACT.   15 x 17" DD

Both offer multiple non-motion static all metal modes; F75  has the DE, BP, and CL operation options for their static all metal mode. .    Nokta has the STA and STA(D) static operating modes.

I wonder which detector is the better cache hunter?   I guess I need to find out.   The winner gets the cache coil.  

Any thoughts?  

HH
Mike

First of all, ‘cache hunting’ with a non-two box type machine/coil is probably not really cache hunting (right tool for the job) despite the F75 having a non-motion cache mode.  Regarding the Fisher 15” DD coil in particular, I had the Teknetics variant of that coil for my T2  and not only was it a boat anchor weight wise, it never really lived up to the depth performance you would expect from a 15” coil but admittedly I did not swing it much because I wasn’t interested in tearing up my shoulder and wrist.  Completely ruins the best ergonomically designed and balanced metal detector I have ever used.  You’d be better served by a large 3rd party coil from Detech (13” Ultimate or 15x12” SEF)  if you wanted to run at max large target depth with the Fisher - great performance to weight ratio.  There’s a reason you can get that Fisher 15” DD new for $120  now when it originally sold for about $349.  First Texas was practically trying to give them away as part of their T2 DST feature upgrade offers. No experience with the Impact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

Any thoughts?

Mike, since you already also have a White's V3, are you familiar with this T/R style ("2 box") add-on that ElNino77 just mentioned here:

• Like 3

Thanks for the Taktyk two box link, GB.  I'll keep an eye on that

Thanks Chase,  I wonder what the big target hunters are using for artillery shells.....

I'm kind of partial to the F75 and the $120 new price tag makes their coil an attractive option over the Nokta offering....

Just thinking out loud...the Fisher coil would probably need at least a 6" air gap to function properly....I wonder if a simple counterweight would solve the balance issue....

I dunno....stuff to ponder....

HH
Mike

• The title was changed to Cache Hunting..... F75 Ltd Or Impact ????

I have a mild opinion on the subject. :laugh:

Fisher 15" round DD coil 908 grams, Impact 15.5" x 13.75" coil 822 grams.

The Fisher 15" coil sucks.... don't walk, run. Good to hear a new one "might" reach production status, as it is desperately needed. Like 13" Ultimate but 15" please. The F75 design with the heavy garbage can lid up front is a man killer. I've tried a lot of accessory coils over the years on a lot of detectors, and the Fisher 15" round DD may take the prize as worst accessory coil ever. I was so excited when it came out, and so disappointed when I used it.

fisher-15-dd-search-coil-f75-t2.jpg
Fisher 15" DD search coil for F75 and T2

The Impact physical design is such that it handles a large coil much better, and the coil actually is a very good coil also. The Impact all metal modes are both unique and very good. Between the two, 100% recommendation on Impact from me.

nokta-impact-with-15-14-dd-coil.jpg

nokta-impact-15-14-dd-coil.jpg
Nokta Impact IM40 15.5" x 13.75" coil with scuff cover

• Like 1

I was aways puzzled as to why the Fisher 15" coil was round in shape. Everyone seemed to think the 11 x 7 bi-axial stock coil was a good shape, and presumably the machine would in some way be 'optimised' for that shape. So why wasn't the 15" coil actually a 18" x 13" or suchlike?
If you're hoard-hunting, then I guess shape doesn't matter that much, so the round coil would be acceptable. But heavy ... if you're only planning on light-duty use, there is no doubt some weight-saving possible.

I have tried large-target hunting with my F75 / stock coil. It works, but really needs a bigger coil in the 15 - 20 inch area to do the job properly. I never bought the Fisher 15 coil, and since buying the Eqx, I've found its stock coil is large enough to give reasonable 'hoard-hunting' potential. So hopefully in the next month I will be trying it out on some farm fields that are ready for crop harvesting.

• Like 1

I bought one of the 15'' coil brand new for £60 which at the time seemed a remarkable bargain,but after just 1hrs use its the biggest load of rubbish i have ever bought coil wise for my T2,a couple of my favourite artifact hoard hunting coils that i use on the T2 are my SEF15x12 for its size that pretty lightweight,gives great depth,ground coverage but also still found me some single silver hammered coins at depth.The other large coil that i also use is the BIG NEL 17x15 that punches deep but mainly on golfball size object and above but it is very deep but slightly on the heavier side hence why i prefer the SEF 15x12 coil as its so much lighter.

The SEF15x12 coil when used on the T2 in AM mode gives great depth and often my main pasture machine after the Nexus MP and 14'' coil.

A couple of other machines that i also use for real deep hoard/artefact hunting is my Fisher TW-5 twin box and the TDI Pro with either the 18'' Mono or 20'' Mono coils on,but the deepest by a miles and that is of course subject to the size of the target is the Fisher TW-5 twin,the larger the target the deeper it goes its rarely used but for the price i paid for it almost new makes it worth my while keeping it in my massive array of detector and coils.

• Like 2

No shame in that Simon... I had one also. Briefly.

I think it was a quickie response to the African gold rush and demand for a larger coil for the T2. Main problem really is the weight being more than it could have been, especially since it was billed as being light weight. Compared to what - a truck? :laugh: Lots of extra plastic in the coil.

• Haha 1