I Ain't No Joe So Just A Little Gold For Today

We don't have a very good wave pattern and we don't have super low tides yet but I did manage to get a 3 ring night.  To my surprise I got some gold in the scoop.  It is 2.7 g and it hit on 9 with the Nox 800.  This ring and other light trash came from a 3+ hour hunt along some of my same beaches.  You have to check the producers before someone else does.

When I saw the gold and saw the sparkle I wanted it to be a big diamond.  I didn't have my glasses so I had to wait and confirm the 14k.  After I got out my diamond tester and bummer ... it doesn't heat up.  I'm not giving up on it entirely but I think the tester is accurate.  I tested my cluster ring from last week and it says those are diamonds.  I tested another solitaire ring and it lit the light.

I was actually hunting the 'staging area' in the wet water and wet sand most of the night.  I walk around in calf boots to protect my feet.  Last night I walked long distances but I also had to be careful to listen for the 'little' sounds which is what the gold ring was.  The mass of the ring is just not a boomer at any depth but this was 4" and I knicked it with the scoop.  I did that on this one because I always dig for where the rod goes into the ground.  The truth of the matter is that the target is above that closer to the Minelab logo or the top edge of the coil.  I didn't get above it quite high enough.  I can get it smoothed out if I want to keep the cz onIMG_8726.thumb.JPG.7c84cb3500bdb0acf04d43dbf70adaf9.JPGIMG_8727.thumb.JPG.1529c90ad66a46fc20b35c4d68f37bd8.JPGIMG_8729.thumb.JPG.1676dd2e2ca357814b0a1869245c4254.JPGIMG_8730.thumb.JPG.39e6e4911fc5d0b4e1e08b2f622a1462.JPG it that way.

Mitchel

• Like 9

Respectable three hour hunt!  They don't look like that up this way!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the Gold. I think she'll straighten out nice.

• Like 1

Very nice finds that you got in that short of time, keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Very nice finds that you got in that short of time, keep up the good work.

Closer to 4 hours (12 AM -4 AM) than to 3 hours actually.

There is 'something' on most every beach if you have enough time to find the patches or walk the line.  Last night was a challenge because there really wasn't a black sand line.  The wind waves had blown in a lot of little stuff and seaweed.  I think that is why I found the lite little gold ring.  It appears to be a recent loss.  

Down at the other part of the beach the little waves were concentrated and washed up the crusted ring shell.  That was right in the last bit of wave before dry sand.  I don't wade or snorkel like Joe either.

• Like 1

Congrats on the gold Mitchel- that's a pretty one! 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Closer to 4 hours (12 AM -4 AM) than to 3 hours actually.

There is 'something' on most every beach if you have enough time to find the patches or walk the line.  Last night was a challenge because there really wasn't a black sand line.  The wind waves had blown in a lot of little stuff and seaweed.  I think that is why I found the lite little gold ring.  It appears to be a recent loss.  

Down at the other part of the beach the little waves were concentrated and washed up the crusted ring shell.  That was right in the last bit of wave before dry sand.  I don't wade or snorkel like Joe either.

I remember years ago when I hunted the ocean, that Black sand line was the marker for targets..That is tuff hunting out of the water, I think...In the water I have the support of the water. Out I always though was harder on my body. You did very good I think...3 hours wore me out...and that was  ten years ago. 

• Thanks 1