Blisstool V5 The Beast First Hunt July 2020

Picked this V5 up from a friend in the US. One of those brand detectors I had an eye on before folks in the US got wind of them. At the time they were the V3 version. Think I was the first to post about them before someone took interest in them and decided to bring them over. Which created lots of drama for a number of years before vanishing. When offered the V5, I did not hesitate, may not get another chance as they don't seem appear on the market. Was up for the challenge see if I can get this machine to perform.

---------------------------------------------------------

Using the Bliss V5 with the 7x9 coil.
Took it out to my favorite soccer field with a running track this morning. Got wet a bit. Knew they had a sprinkler system, never knew it actually worked. Found out it does. Every 20 minutes another three start up and the previous three shut down. They circle the field twice.  So I set the Bliss up like my bench test. Did a manual ground balance, so easy took a minute, piece of cake. Guess a 10 turn GB pot won't be needed after all. Took all of about 40 minutes to get used to it. Stable, smooth....Have to say it felt like I used this detector for a long time. Just felt like all the beep and digs I have used wrapped up into one. Just a heck of a lot deeper!!! For the most part only had to adjust threshold a bit now and then, damp and dry dirt. And at one point had some EMI, not bad but, it was there. All I did was adjust the frequency up a bit and drop the Threshold a tiny bit. I was ready to dig a lot of trash and figuring my knee was going to pay for it later. Really surprised that I found very little trash, it was there, could hear. It was easy to tell the canslaw, iron, nails from coins just listening to the duration and sharpness of the target signal. Easy to size a target. Setting the Disc level and Disc depth at the particular setting and using the three position disc toggles, really worked great. Hunt in #3, if I get a a breakup signal, will check in #2, if it double blips or breaks up, really don't have to dig it. Will now dig if its  a very tight signal break up, found it could be a very deep Can. clad coin. I do switch to #2 to take another look at the target, if the signal is good in #3 and good in #2, from what was dug today, its a good target. Appears that the disc target is kind of a notching, each # has a different target acceptance width to it. In a weird way, kind of reminds me how I used the DeepTech Vista X with the two disc controls, standard and alternate in conjunction with adjustable two tone disc control. Even thou the Blisstool V5 is a single tone detector, it does give a lot of target information. Pinpointing was a little iffy at first, using the Makro PulseDiver Pinpointer was needed to zoom in on the target. Later in the hunt, was able to pinpoint with the coil almost dead center on top of the target. The PulseDive pinpointer made locating the target even easier. Couple notes about the Bliss and the pinpointer, had to keep the coil far away from it. It would cause EMI. Did not make an attempt to change the PD frequency as I was too busy having fun. Second note, the headphones I was using pretty well muffled the audio from the PD. So it was switched to vibrate mode, found I really like that mode.

Hunted for about 4.5 hours this morning. the sun was out, no wind, and temps approaching high 80's F degrees. Had to stop at that point.
Dug only 3 pieces of foil, foil rejection was excellent, was thinking to myself, this was just like my Mirage Pi..... Dug some very deep 7" pull tabs and most of the coins came from the 7-8" depth. This is with the Gain set at minimum.
Think only three coins came from depths less than 7" to about 4".  The Bliss V5 from what I saw today is an excellent Canadian clad machine. Real happy with its performance, feel and balance. Thought about acquiring another Tesoro or possibly some deeper beep and dig, no longer looking. Think the Bliss covers about all my needs and then some as a beeper. Definitely a keeper. And having the 11" and 15" coils and lots more Gain if needed, should make  for a great all around relic detector.
Didn't find any $1 and $2 coins today, think I already found them all using previous detectors, wasn't expecting to find any.

The Blisstool is now one of those obscure machines you rarely see or hear about these days, too bad so many that bought one sold them pretty early on. Some couldn't wrap their head around how the controls function and work. Then there are those that were able to, found they were excellent detectors with lots of potential and had excellent success with them. Looking forward to using the V5 much more.

s-l640.jpg

bliss finds July 2020.jpg

• Like 8

Sven,a terrific write up about this unusual machine,must admit it sounds exactly like both my Nexus machine,this is just from reading your initial review and also from my observations as well that although these have amazing depth and most folks tend too run them almost flat out but then the machines run very erratic as well.

Like your i have multiply large coils for this type of machine but the best results in not only hitting small target as well as larger deep targets but the smaller 8x6 DD coil at 'minimum' sensitivity gives me amazing depth and the machines run as smooth as silk.No question about it these are deep machines but not as daunting or un-reliable as most previous owner have found them and sold them on at a massive loss.

A great read as usual.

There was an Italian dealer selling some v5's on ebay. Never saw any v6's here in the state for sale. Kellyco was listed as an official dealer but after contacting them about it last year they said they no longer sell them or plan on getting any in stock. Not sure why the sudden pull of the product from the USA markets. Always wanted one but figured if something goes wrong service will be a major issue.

Very cool machine, congrats.

Thanks for the report, Sven....I've always liked that "fine instrument" look of the Blisstool. 

HH

Mike

13 hours ago, Sven1 said:

Didn't find any $1 and $2 coins today, think I already found them all using previous detectors, wasn't expecting to find any.

Are those typically shallower than the coins you found and show in the photo?  Or were you specifically cherry picking those in previous hunts?  Are those white coins in the photo silver?  And along the same lines (possibly already addressed), why do you think these coins were missed in your previous hunts?

Thanks for the writeup.  Makes me want one!

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Are those typically shallower than the coins you found and show in the photo?  Or were you specifically cherry picking those in previous hunts?  Are those white coins in the photo silver?  And along the same lines (possibly already addressed), why do you think these coins were missed in your previous hunts?

Thanks for the writeup.  Makes me want one!

Canadian clad coins are made from nickel plated steel coins. The typical screen target ID detector will ID these coins as junk, iron range or with wild jumping numbers. If on edge they will be ID in the lower iron numbers. Some detectors are better than others giving signature indications of the targets. Since the $1 and $2 coins have a bronze core or bronze plating, they read higher into the non-ferrous range, near or below copper coins. And have a better target ID lock on, you generally will not miss these with a detector. These $1 and $2 coins usually are not deeper than 6".  Pretty easy to find. They were introduced into circulation in 1987. The clad coins pictured are not silver, just a different composition clad, so after they are buried from 1968, they take on a tarnished silver tone. Those you have to look at  the date,  double checking to see if they are a silver or not. I don't cherry pick. I probably missed these coins in previous hunts due to the detectors seeing the targets as a junk target, no lock on, too jumpy ID numbers and possibly being masked by other trash. Another factor is being a beep and dig, your relying on target audio width and strength, tone. And how you have the discrimination set-up. The Blisstool seems to have enough extra disc and feature settings to taylor for  certain targets....... Tesoros another beep and dig, have always been great on Canadian clad coins with the disc set just so a clad dime breaks up, which is just about at the nail setting. Tesoros have been a secret weapon up here.

Coin Compositions.pdf

• Like 1

Something really odd happens up here. Occasionally you find the $2 coin without the center portion. But, you never seem to find the inner coin portion.

2017 Finds IQ.JPG

10 hours ago, kac said:

Do the centers just corrode and fall out from electrolysis?

Lawnmowers, coins probably dropped shortly before they did the grass cutting. They like to to bend the coins they hit. Regarding the $2 coins with the bronze centers, once the outer ring is bent, the centers will just drop out.

I should pop one out myself and see how  detectors react to it.

br27bfo0osb11.jpg

• Like 1

Sven,  Thanks for the write-up.  These units and the Deep Tech Vista X detectors have always caught my interest. Good to hear an unbiased review and assessment of the V5.