• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday I went to the lake to try out my new "treasure" rake in the water. I pulled it for almost 3 hours and found a very thin silver chain after which I switched to the Nox 800 for the remainder o

Wow.. my first impression is this is something my dad would have MADE me use to clean up the yard.....   

Here's the new rake I just got from another forum member: It actually is a pretty nice design. It has holes in the back of the tines for adding hooks or anything else to fill those gaps betw

Posted Images

I would think this would be more of a dry sand activity...Pretty cool though.

HH
Mike

1 hour ago, Mike Hillis said:

I would think this would be more of a dry sand activity...Pretty cool though.

HH
Mike

Thanks Mike, I think that it would work on the dry sand but I'm hoping that there may be more chains in the water.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

You finally did it ! Did you try the screened rake I see in the lower right corner ? Glad to see it worked.

Thanks Kobling, Of course the real goal is to find a gold chain but now that seems more doable. I had the other basket rake with me but after 3 hours I had had enough manual labor for the day and just detected.

2 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Kobling, Of course the real goal is to find a gold chain but now that seems more doable. I had the other basket rake with me but after 3 hours I had had enough manual labor for the day and just detected.

Been thinking of the screen one. You can adjust the depth I think by the handle attachment. Might go deeper. That's where it's going to be harder to pull.

9 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Been thinking of the screen one. You can adjust the depth I think by the handle attachment. Might go deeper. That's where it's going to be harder to pull.

As you know, pulling the basket can be brutal work but at least you always find stuff- mostly trash but an occasional coin and random  ring keeps it interesting.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

If your good at building  things  build  yourself a mertich pull  sifter   for the water.They  are not as wide and have teeth to get down a bit. I   had his  book  but my friend lost it.

Thanks DWD, I did a search for "Mertich pull sifter" and came up empty. Is it much different than this?

1963876544_Sandcomb.thumb.jpg.ce574cd52c1016c4ff250360c36b812f.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Rick Kempf
      I recently bought a Tesoro Diablo II nugget detector on local Craigslist for a really great price. I wanted a nugget machine because I currently don’t have one and I had never seen, much less owned - a Diablo II. It comes after the Diablo and before the Lobo, Diablo Micro Max, and LST. It uses the same 20kHz coils as the original Lobo and is all metal only.
      The main reason I went for it was that included in the price was - A Hodan pick, a Faswing rock hammer, driving hammer, two drills and a pair of snake proof gaiters - plus a couple of loupes, a Keene “gold Magnet”. I was telling a fellow AZ Treasures Unlimited club member about this and mentioned that a while back, it was posted (here, I think) that these were no longer available because the company was no longer making them. If I remember the post correctly, it went on to say that it was because John Hodan had passed on.
      I am delighted to announce that while the company is gone, I am reliably informed that John is alive and well. 
    • By ColonelDan
      On 9 August, I posted my initial impression of Steve Goss’ latest offering---carbon fiber scoop handles for the T-Rex, Stealth and X-treme series of sand scoops.
      I’ve been using his product exclusively now for over a month and thought I’d submit a few follow up thoughts. Bottom line up front: Does his handle still impress me as it did when I first got it? ABSOLUTELY.
      A few descriptive words/phrases come to mind when evaluating this handle after many beach outings:
      Stout: This handle is indeed worthy of the term. It leaves no doubt that what you have in your hand is a very stout piece of carbon fiber. There isn’t one hint of flex or weakness in this thing.
      Reliable: I’m more than certain Steve’s handle will serve me well for years to come.
      Professional construction: Steve’s handle is not your big box store, mass produced item. This man takes pride in what he makes and each one reflects his strict attention to detail.
      Conclusion: I’m even more impressed now than I was when I first posted my initial report. If you decide you’d like a top notch carbon fiber handle, you can buy this with the utmost confidence that you’re getting the best I’ve seen since I bought my first detector in 1970.
      Again, I have no financial interest in Steve’s business. I’m just passing along my personal opinion.
    • By Allen in MT
      I made this video a few years ago as I always had people wanting to know about prospecting and what to use. So here it is.

• By jimpugh
      Old magnetron magnets good holding shopping list on fridge and keeping rare iron in the bottom of your scoop for easy retrieval....
      Happy Trails
      jimpugh
    • By Aaron
      I’ve had a lot of questions regarding my Sun Spot water scoop so I thought I’d do a quick video. Thanks!
      Aaron

• By JohnnyRox
      New scoop from RTG.  Anyone using one yet?