First Chain With The Rake

I would think this would be more of a dry sand activity...Pretty cool though.

HH
Mike

1 hour ago, Mike Hillis said:

I would think this would be more of a dry sand activity...Pretty cool though.

HH
Mike

Thanks Mike, I think that it would work on the dry sand but I'm hoping that there may be more chains in the water.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

You finally did it ! Did you try the screened rake I see in the lower right corner ? Glad to see it worked.

Thanks Kobling, Of course the real goal is to find a gold chain but now that seems more doable. I had the other basket rake with me but after 3 hours I had had enough manual labor for the day and just detected.

2 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Kobling, Of course the real goal is to find a gold chain but now that seems more doable. I had the other basket rake with me but after 3 hours I had had enough manual labor for the day and just detected.

Been thinking of the screen one. You can adjust the depth I think by the handle attachment. Might go deeper. That's where it's going to be harder to pull.

9 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Been thinking of the screen one. You can adjust the depth I think by the handle attachment. Might go deeper. That's where it's going to be harder to pull.

As you know, pulling the basket can be brutal work but at least you always find stuff- mostly trash but an occasional coin and random  ring keeps it interesting.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

If your good at building  things  build  yourself a mertich pull  sifter   for the water.They  are not as wide and have teeth to get down a bit. I   had his  book  but my friend lost it.

Thanks DWD, I did a search for "Mertich pull sifter" and came up empty. Is it much different than this?

1963876544_Sandcomb.thumb.jpg.ce574cd52c1016c4ff250360c36b812f.jpg