First Chain With The Rake

Yes. Totally different.A  dry sand one is 30 inches wide about 20 inches deep.You pull a handle and the  blade cuts through  the sand.Water one is smaller with teeth.Lost   treasure did a article on one and have a picture.You can check out united    volley ball supplies on you tube and see what a   dry sand one looks like  ,it has 2 back  wheels and you pull.The mertich handle is different but the same idea.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Yes. Totally different.A  dry sand one is 30 inches wide about 20 inches deep.You pull a handle and the  blade cuts through  the sand.Water one is smaller with teeth.Lost   treasure did a article on one and have a picture.You can check out united    volley ball supplies on you tube and see what a   dry sand one looks like  ,it has 2 back  wheels and you pull.The mertich handle is different but the same idea.

Okay, I've seen pictures of those and like the design- thanks again!

• Like 1

Very cool you got your first chain! I often wonder how productive it would be to use a rake, but with all the Nox's out here now I just can seem to think they are going to miss much. Then add in the amount of energy needed to pull...to much for me. But..if a place has no detecting during the summer, like a few spots here I wonder if you could get away with it? Maybe I'll try a regular rake first and see how that goes...?

Mike Guard what do you think buddy, maybe GP SP?  

• Like 1

Very cool but looks like a lot of work. Congrats on the chain. Only trouble I see is all the small ear rings that will fall through.

If you need to stay in shape using that beast feel free to stop by my yard late this fall 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Very cool you got your first chain! I often wonder how productive it would be to use a rake, but with all the Nox's out here now I just can seem to think they are going to miss much. Then add in the amount of energy needed to pull...to much for me. But..if a place has no detecting during the summer, like a few spots here I wonder if you could get away with it? Maybe I'll try a regular rake first and see how that goes...?

Mike Guard what do you think buddy, maybe GP SP?  

Thanks Joe, Fortunately, I'll be using the rakes in areas with very little competition. In fact, in one particular area I have not seen another detector (other than my "mum's the word" hunting buddies) in 20+ years. Even if there are other hunters there they are missing the coins, rings and pendants I am finding so they, no doubt, are missing the chains as well. Going to give it another try in a few days with the new rake I got yesterday plus add some weight for a deeper cut- stay tuned!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Very cool but looks like a lot of work. Congrats on the chain. Only trouble I see is all the small ear rings that will fall through.

If you need to stay in shape using that beast feel free to stop by my yard late this fall 🙂

Thanks kac, It is a lot of work but so is detecting for 8-12 hours. Personally, if I think there's gold to be found I find that highly motivating. Yes, really only for chains.

• Like 1

Great job with chain!!! Looks like you had a great day out. Sometime the treasure comes with a sore arm/leg/back or all three. keep it coming!!!

If your looking for maximum finds with less effort I would buy one of these Barber rakes. 😂 🤣 I saw these down on Virginia beach. I can't imagine how many good things these guy's find every day. This can cover a serious amount of ground.

download.jpeg

wehweh-min.jpg

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, dogodog said:

Great job with chain!!! Looks like you had a great day out. Sometime the treasure comes with a sore arm/leg/back or all three. keep it coming!!!

If your looking for maximum finds with less effort I would buy one of these Barber rakes. 😂 🤣 I saw these down on Virginia beach. I can't imagine how many good things these guy's find every day. This can cover a serious amount of ground.

download.jpeg

wehweh-min.jpg

Looks great but then I would have to buy a submarine to tow it and things start to get a little pricey! 😄

• Haha 2

I agree but it might be a great TV show, More productive than Oak Island. At least you would find stuff And Maybe we could call it Sand Sifter!!!😃 And of course Sand Sifter California/Australia/New Jersey/Florida ect. ect. I'm thinking you could be Famous!!!

• Like 1