• 3 months later...

How is it as a pin pointer?

14 hours ago, kac said:

How is it as a pin pointer?

I bought the Pulse Dive to be used mostly as a land pinpointer.  I bought it to replace the pro-find 35 I was always having issues with. 

First off the price of just the pin pointer for land use is amazing.  I was going to get a carrot as a replacement but the Pulse Dive is about 30 Canadian dollars cheaper.  With the ability to work well underwater, upgradeable with a coil and a rechargeable battery I took a chance on the PD.

I have about 10 hours with it now, and I have generally enjoyed using it.  I have had none of the issues I had with my pro-find.  On my visual air tests it seems to have just as much depth as other pin pointers I have played with.  Power buttons are a long press to turn off and on, and it will ground balance with a short press.  To change sensitivity you need to use two hands as you hold down one button while pressing another.  Once I messed around it with and got my muscle memory it is quite easy to use and with its large buttons I could generally operate it without paying too much attention.

One of my detectors is a Multi Kruser.   I was hopefully the blue wireless headphones would work with it, but they do not.  It clearly states on their webpage that it only works with their green headphones, but the PD manual doesn't specify.  It was a long shot to check but I had to know.

My only grip is the holster.  It uses a metal clip to attach to your pants or belt (similar to a cellphone pant clip).  The pin pointer is a snug fit, so every time I pull out my pin pointer the whole holster comes with it.  My old holster had a belt loop so that didn't happen.  I have since learned to use my left hand to the hold the holster while I remove the pin pointer.  It's annoying, but that's the only thing I don't like about it.

Being a pin pointer I don't know what else I could add.  If you have anything specific or want me to try something let me know.  It's pretty cold and windy these days, so it's the only excuse I will have to play with it for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered one to replace my Profind 35 which is starting to give me fits and can only run it at 1/2 the sensitivity. Need to send it back for repair/replacement. I was kind of stuck as my trusty bullseye finally died.

I do have the Nokta Green Headphones, set them up on my Gold Racer but might move them back to the Multi Kruzer which I have the waterproof ones on now. Also have a Nel Superfly coming in for the Kruzer so should be a pretty good field/beach machine.

Wireless feature is not a make or break deal maker. One of the reasons I left the waterproof headphones on the MK was because the PF35 would drive it bonkers with the green headphones in 5 and 14 khz and less interference with the wired ones.

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 2

When the Pulse Dive first came out with the small coil then later with the 8” you could find both in a great package deal . I’ve looked high and low but I guess that package is history because it’s none to be found. I want just the big 8” coil but that’s not to be .

This guy downunder done a video showing depth between the two coils and on some things the 8” detected over 3 inches.

If my wife finds out how much I’ve been buying and trading she’s going to change me from a rooster to a hen real quick.

Oh well we got to go sometimes!

Chuck 

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:30 PM, kac said:

I just ordered one to replace my Profind 35 which is starting to give me fits and can only run it at 1/2 the sensitivity. Need to send it back for repair/replacement. I was kind of stuck as my trusty bullseye finally died.

I do have the Nokta Green Headphones, set them up on my Gold Racer but might move them back to the Multi Kruzer which I have the waterproof ones on now. Also have a Nel Superfly coming in for the Kruzer so should be a pretty good field/beach machine.

Wireless feature is not a make or break deal maker. One of the reasons I left the waterproof headphones on the MK was because the PF35 would drive it bonkers with the green headphones in 5 and 14 khz and less interference with the wired ones.

Thanks for the reply.

How are you liking your Pulse Dive paired with the Green headphones?

I am still undecided as I find the volume excessive and it seems to have a noticeable delay in response time. I would appreciate your thoughts.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:14 AM, Ridge Runner said:

When the Pulse Dive first came out with the small coil then later with the 8” you could find both in a great package deal . I’ve looked high and low but I guess that package is history because it’s none to be found. I want just the big 8” coil but that’s not to be .

This guy downunder done a video showing depth between the two coils and on some things the 8” detected over 3 inches.

If my wife finds out how much I’ve been buying and trading she’s going to change me from a rooster to a hen real quick.

Oh well we got to go sometimes!

Chuck 

if you are really serious about the 8" PulseDive coil or the two coil package, there are some on Ebay USA right now.

Jeff  

Thanks but I’ve done bought it with the small coil but due to a sick wife I’m locked in.

Of all things a friend in Oklahoma that I’d just talked with Wednesday of last week killed him self the next day. I’m having a hard time with that being I don’t know what could been so bad for him to do that.

He was a great friend but that don’t make any difference anymore.

Chuck