On 7/12/2020 at 6:57 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

So, I started looking at Whites other multi frequency VLF: the Vision, VX3, V3 V3i series. Why have I never been interested in these detectors before??? There was a fully equipped, well taken care of V3i for sale in my area with multiple coils and other extras for about half or the original retail price plus  I knew the original owner who is now deceased. I picked it up for even less than the asking price. 

Jeff

Hi Jeff. Did you have some testing time with your new Spectra? How do you like the SpectraSound WHP? I do like them a lot since I use them.

A2410992-BDD5-479F-ABED-77B469E9BB1D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locator said:

Hi Jeff. Did you have some testing time with your new Spectra? How do you like the SpectraSound WHP? I do like them a lot since I use them.

Honestly Vito, I have not even checked the Spectra Sound wireless headphones to see if they work. It has been so hot here 32 to 35 C here for at least 2 weeks and I just cannot wear over the ear headphones in those temperatures. I have some on the ear Quest headphones and transmitter that I have been using. I really like the tones on the V3i especially full Tone ID. I am still learning what a trash target is compared to a good target via sound and the Spectrograph. I am just about digging everything and am covered with sweat after 15 minutes. I will let you know eventually.

Look for a small package in about 3 weeks Vito.........

Jeff

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Honestly Vito, I have not even checked the Spectra Sound wireless headphones to see if they work. It has been so hot here 32 to 35 C here for at least 2 weeks and I just cannot wear over the ear headphones in those temperatures. I have some on the ear Quest headphones and transmitter that I have been using. I really like the tones on the V3i especially full Tone ID. I am still learning what a trash target is compared to a good target via sound and the Spectrograph. I am just about digging everything and am covered with sweat after 15 minutes. I will let you know eventually.

Jeff

Hadn't the temperatures in mind, Jeff. Shurely I wouldn't wear the HP in the heat, too. Good Luck & HH

• Like 1

I have a set of brand new Spectra Sound headphones I got with my V3i, and except to set them up and give them a listen they have never actually been used. I’ve been using my Sun Ray Pro Gold instead. The SpectraSound are kind of oversized for me and I’m not too sure I need headphones that use two AA batteries. Though that could be a plus... you never need to worry about them running dead if you have spares handy. I’ll have to check them out again and decide if I really want to keep them, and if not, put them up for sale.

White’s SpectraSound User Manual

• Like 2

This link (User’s Manual) see pages 2-3 and 4-10.  Speaks of wireless headphones.  Headphone battery voltage can be monitored btw.  When I had V3i unit I didn’t have wireless headphones.

Btw my brother has V3i with the wireless headphones.  Battery life of headphone batteries not real good best I remember.  Better carry spares for sure.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/files/file/33-whites-spectra-v3i-advanced-user-guide/

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, Tnsharpshooter said:

This link (User’s Manual) see pages 2-3 and 4-10.  Speaks of wireless headphones.  Headphone battery voltage can be monitored btw.  When I had V3i unit I didn’t have wireless headphones.

Btw my brother has V3i with the wireless headphones.  Battery life of headphone batteries not real good best I remember.  Better carry spares for sure.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/files/file/33-whites-spectra-v3i-advanced-user-guide/

I had the headphones never fail me in the field because I can watch the voltage before doing the hunt. If I think it's to low I put in some fresh batteries. But yes, if a longer trip is planed some spare batteries are a good idea.

I know its not quite in keeping with original post, but I thought I would mention it

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue with their spectrasound headphones,  And i've read on other forums that other people have similar issues.   My friend had the clips on the side of the headband crack.  The ironic thing is he never used them from new they sat in the V3i box.  because he used a pair of good ol faithful Gray  Ghost headphones

White's use to sell a headphone repair kit, I don't know if you'll be able to get replacement clips when and if your clips break

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/wireless-headphone-ear-cup-mount-repair-kit/

241596542_Screenshot2020-08-17at18_03_25.thumb.png.90d0da07213104651159dd1bc1913e9c.png

• Like 2