Time To Clean Your Coins And Cash In!

I thought about a TDI or an ATX but ultimately chickened out, not because of the price but because a PI detects top down just like a VLF does and unless you pick out the top layer wheter it is bits of foil or nails you won't find what is below. I believe a half descent VLF with good recovery speed and a nice dd coil can pick between much of that. The detection field on a pi is much broader and I think it can be more difficult to pick between targets. At least that has been my experience with my super simple Seahunter.

I bought the Gold Racer not only for it's odd high frequency to dodge the evil EMI but I wanted a really good all metal machine. My MK Gen Mode TID drops off too quickly and the Tejon has a much slower recovery. I have found the high frequency does very well where I can hear the rise in threshold as I pass over patches of bog iron or even hear halos with definitive rise of actual targets. In some cases I can hear the double targets that are often indicators of a non iron masked next to an iron object with a halo (My guess a speedier Orx with HF coil might be better at that).

Charcoal, coal and coke is probably the trickiest especially as you go lower in frequency as they will spike and obscure targets. The high frequency you will get a positive >iron signal with a non iron target below and without a target below you simply get a grunt and maybe a spike. With the extended iron range you can exclude those lower signals and should help unmask.

On the Nox did you try just the 40khz in all metal mode, 6" coil and faster recovery speed if needed? I was always affraid going too high in frequency I give up depth but at the end of the day you can only go as deep as the target you hear first anyways.