Decision Made.... TDI Beachhunter For The Beach

Tony

I took my Excalibur out yesterday water hunting to an area I thought might hold some loot.....I was rewarded with a very nice Platinum ring.

The area was inundated with old bottlecaps and even though the Excal was nulling them out perfectly, it was hard going and required a good deal of patience. Because of this, I have decided to keep the TDIBH strictly for beach work as using a PI in this area would have made me quit in disgust. The detector has been reassembled back to the original Coil as I was planning on swapping out for a smaller coil for the water.

I feel too much time would be wasted using a PI in this area (And most of the areas I hunt in the water) and I needed to cover a lot of sea floor and make the most of the tides.

I feel I’m going to be a 90% VLF user for the water, based on iron and iron alloy junk plus mineralised ground is not a problem. I’ll keep the PI for the lower beach and hard pan when I do hit these areas.

62F37D67-237E-450C-B96E-76D04ED07D53.jpeg

F63B2C80-5E28-4213-955A-29F9F5203129.jpeg

• Like 5

Congrats on the ring and good work on the hunt, sometimes you just have to use patience and determination to find the good stuff.

Good luck on your next hunt.

You are absolutely correct.......plus I’m finally realising the right tool for the job is critical. I cant see myself ever being without the Excalibur.......but the TDI definitely has its place on the beach.

HH to you as well

Tony