Low Pinpoint Audio / Pairing Wireless

19 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Sometimes the pinpoint audio on my 800 is very low. It will recover after pinpoint button is 

pushed again.  Is this normal? Also is there a trick to pairing earbuds to the unit. 

Thanx. Danny

This happens on my 800 as well. I think it's a flaw. Not sure if the updates helped with that, as I kept mine original with no updates. I did find a trick to help on the audio. It works on my unit and some others as well. See if it works on yours as well. When you press the pinpoint button do not move the detector while you press the button. Keep the machine still for a second while and after pressing the button. Usually it comes in loud if I do it that way.

• Like 1

Mine still did it with the update!

We will see if it still does it when i get it back from ML!    👍👍

Pinpointing using the pinpoint function of the Nox 600 and 800 is an adventure. It took awhile for me to trust it but now it just takes seconds. Yeah, occasionally I get either really soft audio or really loud audio responses that reset to normal if I leave and come back to pinpoint. It is that sensitive. Read the manual a lot. There is some good info about pinpointing.

What kind of earbuds are you trying to pair? If they are not ATPX low latency Bluetooth 4 or 5 they may not work.

My favorite Bluetooth earbuds are the Aukey B80s. I think they are on sale on Amazon for $25 or so right now. Excellent sound quality.

Jeff

The weird part about the intermittent low pinpoint thing is trying to replicate it reliably. I can hear what’s going on either way so I just ignore it.

No trick to pairing, just follow the instructions. If you can pair the Minelab headphones and something else refutes to pair, them it’s probably a hardware mismatch.

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instruct

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instruct

• Like 1

I just paired my Raycon E55 earbuds to my 800.  They seem to be ok.  
I’ll try them in the field tomorrow and see if they will hold. 
I’ll  let everyone know how it goes. 
thanx for the info everyone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Sounds like several people have the issue. 
I’ll  try what I used to with the At-pro. 
Make sure I turn on the pinpoint away from the target.

thanx 

It seems like this works with the 800, but I've been so focused on just learning the overall machine itself I forgot to consciously try it.  Good thought!

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Pinpointing using the pinpoint function of the Nox 600 and 800 is an adventure.

Ya Know. Going to throw my two pesos in again. Guys on land, got pin-pointers. Us beach guy's got BIG SCOOPS.  WHY, is anyone going to "pinpoint" to recover a target????

It is the biggest failure in any detector I have ever owned.

Sorry, I just see it as a waste of time and I already have two more targets out of the sand/ground while you were dicking around with "pinpoint" 

Be kind to others, it's hot and stressful right now!!!!!! 

• Like 1