Hey There, Did Not Know This Forum Was Here

bigtim1973

Some of you may know me from the other places online we all kind of frequent. Anyways, I did not know this forum existed!! So hello to all and am glad to be here!!

Welcome Tim, Good place for information sharing here.

• Like 2

Welcome bigtim!,

Hope you like the forum! Give us a little background info, if you care too! (Detector's, State, items you hunt, etc..)        👍👍

• Like 2

Welcome aboard and please share your knowledge and finds with us.

Where are you from and what are you using?

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Tim, glad to have another member to add to the fun. Hope to see some of your posts soon.

• Like 1

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome from each and every one of you!!

Well as far as background goes and my interest in detecting here it goes.

I live in middle TN about 40 miles west of Nashville called Dickson. Been here 24 years now. Grew up in Texas outside of Houston.

I like to coin shoot and relic hunt.

My older brother got a metal detector for the first time in 1982. I was 9 years old. It was just a radio shack bounty hunter one. I think it was called the prospector.

He being the older brother made me dig for him!!! Imagine that but it was fun and I really enjoyed doing it.

He has now passed away but he was a big influence on the hobby itself. I miss him very much.

So that is how I cut my teeth with detecting. I have owned a ton of units and also was a multiline dealer for a couple of years with my own brick and mortar store here in TN called Henderson's metal detectors and more. Sadly I could not keep up with the online sales and sold all of my stock and building as well. I could have stuck it out but it was tough and decided to close instead.

I actually got burned out on it for about a year. Having my store front and no time I did not get to detect for myself.

A couple of friends kicked me in my butt and got my head right again on the hobby and have been happy again to say the least.

I enjoy history and actually find metal detectors very neat contraptions if you will. I have owned personally had several machines through the years from all of the major brands and like all of you, I liked some better than others. 

Now I am really into the XP Deus and ORX units. Your thread here on this forum is why I signed up here. As far as sharing knowledge on the detecting hobby, I have actually made a video on the ORX and bottle caps and posted the link here in the XP thread if any of you care to take a look. 

I guess before that my favorite units varied through technology and name brands. I know most of you also remember that there was a large leap in technology with detectors in the late 1980's and early 90's. I have owned several Tesoro's, Whites MXT, Fisher F-75, Some Teknetics like the Omega, T2 and the Eurotek Pro, Minelab Xterra's, Garrett CDC 3 Coin commander,  Fisher 1260 and 1225 and some of the Nokta and Makro units.

Anyways, just a little brief history of my experience with metal detectors.

I also am a musician and play guitar too.

When I get time I will update the avatar and such. Nice meeting you all here and seems like a real nice bunch to be around too!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great to have you here bigtim1973. I have shared info with you and learned from you on other forums. Welcome.........

Jeff

Welcome, bigtim1973!  Nice detailed writeup.  We share in common the fact that close relatives (sadly no longer with us) inspired us to get into this hobby.  I hope other new arrivals will see your introductory post and be a little more revealing of their situations, past and present.

Good to have another experienced detectorist here, although non-experienced ones are just as welcome.  I look forward to your future posts.

• Like 1