First Post

Explorer001

Hi All

New to this forum but an oldie. Still running one of the first  two Explorers brought into Canada. I think it was 1999 or 98 They called me Sir Larry and the other Explorer owner was called King Richard, Cause he was so good at metal detecting. Me not so much. But did pretty well with Explorer and the Excalibur 800

Getting back into  the hobby and thinking of getting an 800 but have allot of questions

Welcome Explorer!

Well you've come to the right place for answers.  I bought my 800 based on what I learned researching on this forum.  There's a bunch of friendly and knowledgeable folks here, that can answer pretty much any detecting question there is. As a new detectorist, I'd be lost without this forum!

~Bash

Welcome, Explorer001!  (Hope that's the serial number on your detector -- a collector's item for sure.  😁)

2 hours ago, Explorer001 said:

Getting back into  the hobby and thinking of getting an 800 but have allot of questions

If you mean a Minelab Equinox 800, you'll learn a lot from this collection of threads and posts that Steve put together and continues to update:

• Like 2

Welcome Sir Larry,🛡

"The detector is mighter than the sword"!

Well, alot more fun anyway! Glad to have you here! I like the name; hope you don't mind! Ask all the questions you want! There free! The wrong detector is not!!

Give us some specific's, so that we can better help you out! Where and what you hunt, or anticipate hunting, etc...👍👍

Welcome Larry, Well I do like my 800 but use other detectors as well. The Equinox is a very versatile machine.

Welcome Larry, You have joined a great bunch detectors. Like Joe D said give us a little info on the where and what your detecting. There are a bunch of great detectors on the market, minelab is only one (please don't beat me up for that guy's). Honestly we don't care what you swing but we will help you decide based on quality and budget. But most of all we want to see you do well with the hobby. Please post some of the stuff you have found over the years, We would love to see it. So glad your here!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

There are a bunch of great detectors on the market, minelab is only one (please don't beat me up for that guy's).

You forgot the smiley face.  Dogmatic posts (no pun intended :laugh:, well maybe a little) are more likely to get pushback here.  Steve's database (for starters) shows this site is open minded.  (You know all this, but I don't want new members to get the wrong impression.)