Snow On My Roof This Morning

My winter plans....if I could, I would hibernate till spring! I absolutely hate winter, dont like rain, and sure as heck dont do snow,lol. But, will start getting out more, soon as I get caught up on work...probably in January. Been a couple months since Ive had a chance to detect and fish

• Like 1

Getting my gold projects put away, garage floor swept up, sorted thru numerous boxes of junkola.Can't believe I had almost 100 screwdrivers alone !!

I have a bad habit of losing stuff/tools, etc and buying more to replace what I cannot find at the moment.This doesn't happen to anybody else or does it?

Goodwill got at least 40 screwdrivers this week and 3 toolboxes.

Winter tires put on my Subaru Forester today ( 6 years now on these General Altimax Arctic tires and they have only worn down 1/32 inch !! ) , new Michelin wiper blades, just an oil change left to do yet, and hopefully the car will be in the garage by Saturday before the snow arrives....

Then I can work at sorting out small parts, screws, nuts, bolts,washers, hose clamps, etc,etc over winter  months. How do you guys store this stuff? Small parts cabinets with labels?, jars?  rummage box? the small parts can really add up at the hardware store..why buy more if I can just get things sorted out and found..maybe I better empty the gas out of my dredge and high banker motors too?

-Tom V.

You just gotta come down into the CA foothills a little lower. Its year around detecting. Snakes are sleeping, grass is down, bugs are gone! Less drinking water needed for the long hikes. Easier digging in soft soils...

• Like 3

Its drywashing time in the Mojave!

El Nino storms may fix that here real quick!

Snow all over my lawn this morning, still working on various projects, writing articles, catching up on stuff that went undone during prospecting season. Making plans for 2016, and looking forward to some park detecting.