Dead Or Dying TDI SL Back To Life As A Spp

• 2 weeks later...

GeoBill I have not turned the machine back into a Tdi Sl, just yet. Have been 'playing' with it as a SPP. I'll put the PCB back and attempt the adjustment just to see if that is the fix. If the fix works I'll keep it as the SL, but keep the spare SPP PCB for a rainy day..  Sorry for the slow response.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, karelian said:

GeoBill I have not turned the machine back into a Tdi Sl, just yet. Have been 'playing' with it as a SPP. I'll put the PCB back and attempt the adjustment just to see if that is the fix. If the fix works I'll keep it as the SL, but keep the spare SPP PCB for a rainy day..  Sorry for the slow response.

Thanks Karelian. No worries. I actually bit the bullet and sent it in for repair. Hoping that it can be fixed as the few minutes I got to play with it were quite fun. I first took it to a local park to try Reg's coin settings and the first three targets were dimes at 6-8 inches. WooHoo! Then it was pulltabs, nails, assorted junk, all sounding exactly like the dimes. Took it home and tested in the yard to find the GB issues. Really appreciated the light weight and balance.

Appreciated all of your posts about the SL - hoping to try your battery setup. Great posts on coil comparisons!

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, eclipse said:

Reverse engineered one TDI SL couple of years back. Nothing really special.
Didn't bother to put it back together parts and board still in boxes.

If you're looking to unload the parts I might be interested. 

Thanks

Bill

17 minutes ago, Cascade Steven said:

GeoBill:  Where would I find Reg's coin settings for the TDI SL?  or could you list them here?  I'm also curious what coil you used?  Thanks for the help.

Steve has an article here on using the TDI for coins, I think based on Reg's work. There is also a video on Youtube by I think Reg also showing this. I will look for the video and Reg's writeup and add to this.

22 minutes ago, Cascade Steven said:

GeoBill:  Where would I find Reg's coin settings for the TDI SL?  or could you list them here?  I'm also curious what coil you used?  Thanks for the help.

Here is Reg explaining how changing the ground balance can enhance the identification of coins

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/whitesgoldmaster/my-tdi-or-sl-chart-again-t865.html

and I believe that this is Reg demonstrating the process