GPX 4000 Beach Hunt

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Steelphase sells what you need to fix your batteries Amplifier.

https://www.steelphase.net/product-page/gpx-battery-audio-repair-kit

$23AUD + Shipping and you're good to go again.

Yea actually looked into that repair kit but it's been out of stock. I've got an electronics guy close to me I think I'll take a battery and schematic into him and see if he can find the parts and fix it. 

• Like 2

That's a great hunt, Just seeing those targets I would get back to that spot ASAP..with a good battery. Most of those targets if I am digging I will start digging everything..I bet you don't miss much with the GPX and that big coil.

You should break a old battery down and see what Minelab puts in them, can't be that hard to make a similar...

I love Doc's Treasure Amps, I used one on my excalibur for a few years pulling out the faints in Pin Point. I ended up replacing it with a set of head phones that were almost as loud, it was all in the piezo's, the piezo plate and the stress on the piezo's that allowed me to gain a much higher DB Level. It's amazing what is hidden in the audio of a detector, specially a All metal machine...

Good Luck with all and Be Safe!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a great hunt, Just seeing those targets I would get back to that spot ASAP..with a good battery. Most of those targets if I am digging I will start digging everything..I bet you don't miss much with the GPX and that big coil.

Yea I wish I had the AQ right now. It would be nice to go back over the same spot and see what, if anything the GPX missed. I'm sure I missed stuff though with that bad battery. But I did dig every signal unless it blanked out on the GPX, which is iron.

• Like 2

GPX's rock on the beach! Nice hunt and you were definitely at the right spot.

• Like 1

Good luck when you get back out to that spot. I love areas like that, I might move only 10 feet in 3 hours in those type of areas.

• Like 4