Steve Moore Apex Beach Hunt

At last a vid that actually showed some hunting and performance....

Thanks for the vid.

• Like 3

Well Jeff; Thanks for posting that!!

That is actually the closest to realistic video i have seen so far, for the Apex! I'll give Steve Moore credit, where credit is due!! Real world use! No hype!👍👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Well Jeff; Thanks for posting that!!

That is actually the closest to realistic video i have seen so far, for the Apex! I'll give Steve Moore credit, where credit is due!! Real world use! No hype!👍👍

Absolutely, Mr. Moore never mentioned even one word about the APEX in a marketing way. He just used the APEX for beach detecting with no hype, superlatives or even praise of any kind for the detector. He let his finds speak for themselves. His scoop technique needs some major work by the way!!!!!

It was good to see and hear the APEX perform. I am still worried about recovery speed and the somewhat long duration of the audio tones. 

Jeff

• Like 2

Yes Jeff,

Hopefully we will get much more focused testing, when it's released! 

You all do a great job of breaking things down for us less experienced forum members! The efforts do not go unnoticed!!👍👍

• Like 1

That ring. It seemed like it was reading mid-tone, and he says he thought it was a pull tab. He mentions at the end it's silver. Then it should have rang hi tone, like a quarter. Then he mentions stamped .925 as meaning silver. But there is also a .925 platinum. Maybe that is a real diamond!

Nice low key video, kudos to Mr. Moore on getting it right. :smile:

• Like 5

Zero minerals on that Beach. Move up to the Carolinas and Va. to see what it will do.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

Zero minerals on that Beach. Move up to the Carolinas and Va. to see what it will do.

Yup, I'd like to see how it reacts with our black sand mineralization. Still, It's not waterproof, so, I'd be leery about taking it in the surf, even if it's shallow. One accidental drop at the wrong time, and it may be history. I agree with Jeff. he needs to work on his recovery technique! About the only time I use a pin pointer at the beach is when a tiny item keeps falling through the holes in the scoop. My back would be dying if I did all the bending over and kneeling he did. A nice big wide stainless scoop would make recoveries a lot quicker too.

18 hours ago, johnedoe said:

At last a vid that actually showed some hunting and performance....

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nice low key video, kudos to Mr. Moore on getting it right.

Agree with you both.  I watched all the videos in the latest Garrett Searcher, over an hour total, and I only remember two times when I heard the detector beep.  Those could just as easily be condensed to still pictures and a couple paragraphs.  I was wondering if Garrett had some kind of restrictions on showing the detector in action.  Total waste of an hour.

I didn't notice any obvious proportional audio in this one, although maybe that's difficult to convey on a noisy beach.  Lots of beeping, though -- I'll take it.  I'm curious as to how much water it will take to cause problems.  Still might be more water-tight than some of the Equinoxes.  :laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That ring. It seemed like it was reading mid-tone, and he says he thought it was a pull tab. He mentions at the end it's silver. Then it should have rang hi tone, like a quarter. Then he mentions stamped .925 as meaning silver. But there is also a .925 platinum. Maybe that is a real diamond!

Nice low key video, kudos to Mr. Moore on getting it right. :smile:

OH.... Platinum would be sweet.... Definitely have that ring checked out if I were him.

Diamond testing is easy these days too.