Multi Kruzer 4 Tone Settings I Use

I have been using the MK for a bit and putting some serious hours into it, weather depending as it has been hot here. Of the various modes I found the 4 tone to have potential but difficult to get right in high trash areas but find it has much better depth and more accurate ID's at depth when set properly.

For parks and schoolyards there is tons of aluminum trash and can be a daunting task to trudge through it all. Even the zippy fast 3 tone I found myself investigating too much time on the mid tones and chasing id's. I had gone through the 4 tone mode to get a good range on the average gold ring/nickel range with a noticeable pitch and give most of the trash a poor or mixed sound.

Using 19Khz and SD mode (hold the left and right arrows down for a couple seconds) to give me more range in mid tone #'s I set the following:

Gain: 70-75, lower is quicker and even at 70 the depth is more than 3 tone at 85 with solid id's

Disc: 00-04 depending on how much iron is in the ground. I typically leave at 00 and keep fe vol low

FeVol: 01-02

T-Break: 23, 41, 69 (you will need to adjust this for no mode or 14khz kruzer)

Tone: 15, 27, 50, 73

iSat: 01

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/8/2020 at 7:14 PM, shellhouse said:

Much appreciated.  The 4 tone seemed to be a lot more erratic than 3 so I will try some of the tweaks in my soil conditions.

On the MMK there's an Easter egg on their 3-tone mode.  Sensitivity of 89 or less cranks up recovery speed at the cost of some depth, but it's  also far more stable/EMI resistant.  If you need balls to the wall performance, 4-tone's where it's at, but for sea of nails or combating EMI 3-tone is great too with the gain locked @ 89.

• Like 3

I tend to keep the 3 tone gain down and use it for it's fast recovery in parks at 19khz so I can pick through high trash areas. 4 tone will isolate targets very well when swung slowly but can be hard to follow at times.

Recovery speed is slower as gain is higher as there is more to process. In low mineraliztion the recover speed seems to be less effected. I wish they added a sensitivity control in conjunction with the gain control. This would allow us to reduce the chatter from the ground as well as control the depth of the search.

My Tejon sensitivity only controls sensitivity and even on it's lowest setting still hits close to the same depth so cranking it up makes it more sensitive to small targets at depth. IE: finding 22 cal rounds at 6"+ is not uncommon.

The AT Pro sensitivity effects both sensitivity and gain. I think Garrett just balanced and paired them for ease of use. This makes for easy adjusting but find if controls were independant then it would be more effective at beaches.

2 tone, 4 tone and deep mode you really need to keep that coil close to the ground, this really helps with the chatter. Been using 2 tone quite a bit in the water and seems a bit quieter. Helped me find a beat up king george last weekend.

Please post any tweaks, love to try them out.

• Like 1

Dang, good information here. Now I don’t have to buy a book from that guy in Canada hahahahaha. Thanks to you both. Excellent.

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2020 at 4:52 AM, kac said:

I tend to keep the 3 tone gain down and use it for it's fast recovery in parks at 19khz so I can pick through high trash areas. 4 tone will isolate targets very well when swung slowly but can be hard to follow at times.

Recovery speed is slower as gain is higher as there is more to process. In low mineraliztion the recover speed seems to be less effected. I wish they added a sensitivity control in conjunction with the gain control. This would allow us to reduce the chatter from the ground as well as control the depth of the search.

My Tejon sensitivity only controls sensitivity and even on it's lowest setting still hits close to the same depth so cranking it up makes it more sensitive to small targets at depth. IE: finding 22 cal rounds at 6"+ is not uncommon.

The AT Pro sensitivity effects both sensitivity and gain. I think Garrett just balanced and paired them for ease of use. This makes for easy adjusting but find if controls were independant then it would be more effective at beaches.

2 tone, 4 tone and deep mode you really need to keep that coil close to the ground, this really helps with the chatter. Been using 2 tone quite a bit in the water and seems a bit quieter. Helped me find a beat up king george last weekend.

Please post any tweaks, love to try them out.

When the Racer 2 came out I was fortunate enough to be in on a lengthy San Francisco park demo, with the park dating back to the mid 1800's (tons of great history going back to the Spanish at this particular location).  It was a killer demo machine, I was able to keep up with anything from Minelab, Fisher, White's, etc. with the Racer that summer.  II would find the goods if you went at a normal pace, but if you got into a hot spot or iron infested/junky area you'd be rewarded in spades by slowing down, and really listening to the ground. 

Time and time again one of my friends would race through a newly scraped area and get an IHP, couple of teens wheaties and an early merc and then move on to known producing areas.  I'd pick through these areas after they raced through them, taking my time, filling up my finds pouch. 

Deep mode is great.  It's clean up mode, go uber slow, be rewarded with prizes 🙂

• Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 1:13 AM, Cal_Cobra said:

On the MMK there's an Easter egg on their 3-tone mode.  Sensitivity of 89 or less cranks up recovery speed at the cost of some depth, but it's  also far more stable/EMI resistant.  If you need balls to the wall performance, 4-tone's where it's at, but for sea of nails or combating EMI 3-tone is great too with the gain locked @ 89.

I tried out 89 on gain and it seems that recover speed is adjusted per 10 so 80-89 is the same. Want to thank you for that.

I have changed my tone breaks so I can use normal mode instead of standard. Main reason I have started to do more water hunting in some brackish water where I am combating high iron patches and salinity. Sometimes the 19khz can get a bit noisy on iron and the lower khz work better as the salt creaps up. I am also finding myself using more Gen Mode in the tough areas as I can hear the target better through the mineralization. Eventually I'll throw in the towell and bring my PI but for now will put the MK through it's paces. :)