Experience With Uig Detectors

Hi, I am new to the forum.  Anyone have any experience with this brand of detectors ?

https://uigdetectors.com/en/gold-and-metal-detectors

I am thinking of buying a Minelab SDC 2300, but in my internet search last night, I came across this brand I have never heard of called UIG detectors.  Looks like they have some interesting looking detector technology.  Before I drop money on an SDC 2300, I want to make sure I consider the competition as there may be other reliable and fun technology to experiment with. 

• Like 1

Thanks Steve.  Somehow I knew in my mind that the technology they are describing sounded too good to be true. 

I read a lot of your older posts on the SDC2300 vs the ATX.  I don't want to resurrect an old discussion, but I do have one question as I am new to pulse induction detectors. I have mostly been using VLF detectors. 

On most of the videos I see for the SDC vs the ATX, I noticed both detectors have continuous tones and basically change tones once a target is detected.  Is there a way to squelch out the continuous tones so it doesn't get too annoying (perhaps I will get used to it).  I noticed it more with the SDC 2300 compared to the ATX on most of the videos I've seen. 

I am still likely going to go for the SDC 2300, but the battle in my mind goes on in terms of whether the ATX would be the one I should buy as it seems like a very capable model. 

Now I am thinking of buying both so the conflict in my mind goes away 😆

A threshold is key to nugget detecting. It is not supposed to be loud, but just loud enough to hear. Mine is as low as I can set it and still hear it. It depends on the detector as some noisy models like the SDC 2300 benefit from a little extra threshold as a smoothing tool (see below). In that case I'll set the threshold level with the detector, but determine the final version I hear by setting my headphone volume appropriately. I always use headphones with volume controls to enable this dual level of audio control. For me the secret to listening to this all day long is keeping the threshold so low it is barely there, just enough for my brain to key into, no more. So people run it very loud, and it would indeed drive me crazy at those levels. I've known people where I can hear the threshold on their detector at 50 feet away better than my own right in my face!

A barely perceptible wobble in the threshold indicates both the smallest nuggets, and the largest nuggets at deepest depths. The ability to ride and read the threshold is what separates the true pros, the ones finding gold everyone else misses, from the regular hunters. To eliminate the threshold, just reduce the setting until it goes away. Some people do not like any threshold at all, and turn it off, and still find gold. You’ll be fine on regular signals... but will miss the whispers.

97D795BF-D8C8-4C75-96A9-903CF44A585E.jpeg

• Like 5

I like their number 5 feature.

TITAN GER - 1000 Five different search systems in one device:
1- Ionic fields search system.
2- Magnetic metal search system.
3- 3D imaging system.
4- long range system.
5- PULS INDACTION System.
The user can choose the soil type in the search area: natural, clay, rock, sand, mixed or metal for more accurate results.
Works with a front range of 2500 meters square and a depth of 45 meters maximum.

• Like 1

I wish I had this forum to help me pick out my new detector when I was looking for one.

There are so many good brands on this site and the people that knows them all and their capabilities.

Read, compare, read some more, compare again.

Always take into consideration what you are wanting to find with the detector, and how often you are going to use it for that hunt. Should you want it for water hunting or for desert, you need something that will handle those areas.

I hope this helps and always listen to the wise man himself STEVE H.