Video Series - Nuggets Of A Lifetime, Episode 2 With Steve Herschbach

And

And, that was extremely well done.  Yours aren't the typical YouTube vidoes -- far from it.  I see commercial TV quality in your work.  I'm sure it's many hours extra effort on your part compared to others, but it shows.  You are a craftsman.

Steve, compliments to you as well for your part of the presentation.  Having done a few interviews for both radio and TV ('few' means counted on one hand), I know it's not easy.  Here you talked nearly nonstop for almost a half hour without throwing in the 'uhs...' and 'wells...'.  Nicely done.

I have to admit that this interview got to me emotionally.  The ending text, music, and photos alone are priceless.  This video reminds me of where I've been, what I've attained, what I've missed, and most of all, what is still out there, still possible to achieve.  It wasn't about me at all, and yet I leave feeling a part of it -- past, present, and future.

Much thanks to you both!

• Like 5

Steve, what a great history with so many great gold nuggets found. Thank you for your story. I sat glued to the screen for the length of the video.

My wife was also very understanding of my trips; hunting, fishing and gold prospecting. My son and I made 6 week camping trip through Canada and Alaska during the summer of 1989.

We spent a week camped behind the Chicken, Alaska Outpost. I got some good gold panning in Jack Wade creek.

We were there when George Robinson met his maker. He had many claims on Jack Wade creek.

Have a good day,
Chet

• Like 4

Steve, it was great to see some of of your great finds both big and small and reflect on how you found them. In my opinion you continually inspire people on this forum and give them the knowledge to achieve great results whatever they may be searching for with a metal detector. Thanks again for a great forum and allowing the new and experienced a place to share adventures, ideas, finds and the latest technology. If And has more interviews coming up it would be great to have a separate category for them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

And, that was extremely well done.  Yours aren't the typical YouTube vidoes -- far from it.  I see commercial TV quality in your work.  I'm sure it's many hours extra effort on your part compared to others, but it shows.  You are a craftsman.

Steve, compliments to you as well for your part of the presentation.  Having done a few interviews for both radio and TV ('few' means counted on one hand), I know it's not easy.  Here you talked nearly nonstop for almost a half hour without throwing in the 'uhs...' and 'wells...'.  Nicely done.

I have to admit that this interview got to me emotionally.  The ending text, music, and photos alone are priceless.  This video reminds me of where I've been, what I've attained, what I've missed, and most of all, what is still out there, still possible to achieve.  It wasn't about me at all, and yet I leave feeling a part of it -- past, present, and future.

Much thanks to you both!

Thank you very much! It's easy to make a good video, if the interviewed person talks so excellent. The nugget is Steve, my work was simply the showcase...

I'm glad about what you wrote regarding getting to you emotionally. I felt the same during video editing. I spent many hours with editing but I enjoyed every second of it, because it hit my heart, what Steve said. I was in fact happy about bad weather, so I could spend hours with video editing 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I took a while to notice this, I saw video series in the topic and passed it over as I'm never really interested in peoples YouTube videos, I don't have the patience for them and end up clicking through them looking at little bits then just shut them down.

🙂 that's my "problem". The people I make this videos for, normally don't like youtube, they are rather out prospecting. To be honest, myself I also didn't spend much time watching videos on youtube before I made my own videos.

But 2018 I was asked from my Truck Camper rental in Alaska, if I could make a video for them of my trip for their youtube channel. This started everything. So I started also watching some other travel videos and tutorials etc. and I was very surprised about what excellent videos are out there. The problem is, you have to find them, there is also a lot of crap... It's like with prospecting, you have to find the nuggets in the crap 🙂.

Nowadays my wife, my brother in law and me we spend whole Saturday evenings watching stuff on youtube and having beers and fun. The stuff on youtube is nowadays often better than TV, it's more authentic because it's less "professional".

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You did a great job with the video And! My only wish is that my old Mac Air had a better camera. Time for an upgrade I guess. 😎

Steve’s 2014 Alaska Adventure (read before the 2013 story below)

Steve’s 2013 Alaska Adventure

steve-herschbach-jack-wade-gold-nugget-2013.jpg

Thank you Steve! It was a pleasure for me!

Just give a yell, if you want to test your new Mac Air with another video 😉.

• Like 2

Absolutely brilliant video,thoroughly enjoyed it,not only was it superbly made but you could tell from it Steve's passion and honesty was amazing.......one of the best videos that i have seen for a very long time.

Thank you for producing the video and thanks again to Steve for sharing your passion.

• Like 2

Great video and nicely done, thanks for sharing everything with the finds and the video.

• Like 2