Orx Gold Ring Setting

Working with the ORX in Gold 1 .  Using 27.6 KHZ and came up with a setting that hears the Nickle without cracking but gives the iron away . as iron . The Reactivity is on 2.5, the IAR on 3 and sens on 90, all targets buried at 5"  --NO.1 Nickel, NO.2 rusty bottle cap, NO .3 flat iron about the size of a U,S quarter, NO .4 a bent cut nail.

• Thanks 1

Yes I agree although there are some who would not. I sold my eq600, my racer and anfibio when I got my ORX. If I would have had others they would have left too.   Then I got a Deus as well. 

I am not saying the others were not good machines....they certainly had their place....I just enjoy the XP stuff more. 

The technology of todays machines are incredible. And how far they have come as well on design and ergonomics is way beyond what it used to be. I see several of the major brands trying to push the limits of VLF technology. 

I do not know how much farther it could go. But is sure is a long way from what we used to swing!!

Which Equinox do you have for sale at a bargain price since it will leak? I might be interested. Neither one of mine have leaked so far!

So, Kaolin washer, do you mostly hunt for relics in areas without modern trash? If so, the ORX should be great.

Are you planning on doing any water hunting or even slightly submerging the ORX coil? If you are, you will have to buy the underwater kit. Wireless from the coil won't travel through water.

If you do any kind of jewelry and coin hunting in modern trash parks, the ORX is not going to be as good as the Equinox. I have both and I rarely use the ORX for that. The audio features, iron identification and notching even on the Nox 600 are superior to the ORX and I REALLY LIKE the ORX for many things, just not for that one specific kind of hunting=thick aluminum trash............

The ORX and Equinox make a great combination.....................🤔

Jeff

• Like 4

Waterproof XP Deus/Orx is certified to 16'. I've used my Orx in the waterproof case and put inside my waders. I haven't let it get wet yet. Now I'm using a wet suit but haven't used the Orx in the water yet. Right now using my Equinox 800. No leaks after it was fixed.

XP waterproof.jpg

• Like 1

Must admit i still prefer my Deus over my Equinox,wont sell the Nox will just be a expensive backup machine come pasture detector.it will mainly be used when i require some extra depth so will then use it probably just in 5 or 10khz and AM mode i feel that is when this detector could earn it keep as it is deeper than the Deus.

Of course our targets and locations are different so we adopt different detecting techniques accordingly.

17 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Waterproof XP Deus/Orx is certified to 16'. I've used my Orx in the waterproof case and put inside my waders. I haven't let it get wet yet. Now I'm using a wet suit but haven't used the Orx in the water yet. Right now using my Equinox 800. No leaks after it was fixed.

XP waterproof.jpg

Yes it can be done, but I have found dealing with all that claptrap just to be able to swing a coil in the water to be a royal pain.  I much prefer a closed, wired purpose built solution (Equinox, Excal, etc) rather than having to work around wireless technology that is great on land but hindered in a water environment.  Add to that, the limitations of any single frequency detector in salt vs. freshwater environments and I know what detector I am reaching for on a wet salt sand beach and it isn't my Deus/Orx - and I love my Deus.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

Working with the ORX in Gold 1 .  Using 27.6 KHZ and came up with a setting that hears the Nickle without cracking but gives the iron away . as iron . The Reactivity is on 2.5, the IAR on 3 and sens on 90, all targets buried at 5"  --NO.1 Nickel, NO.2 rusty bottle cap, NO .3 flat iron about the size of a U,S quarter, NO .4 a bent cut nail. https://youtu.be/uz7JO4ryKsE

Yes, gold mode set to 25 khz or above is going to be a most sensitive mode for mid conductive targets and is a well known "secret" weapon to experienced Deus/Orx relic hunters.  Pitch mode used in conjunction with Deus fast can give similar results while being able to take advantage of true ferrous discrimination and iron volume.  If Orx incorporated pitch and full tones options for the coin modes (even while limiting multi-tone options to the current 3-tone setup), I honestly would would see little need for me to even need any of the other Deus bells and whistles. The only drawback with either of these setups being the lack of tone-based ID and reliance on visual TID.