Hey guys I just got my new SDC last week.  I see a lot of folks on youtube using a cover for the control box portion of the metal detector.

Is this something any of you guys use?
If so, can you recommend a particular one?

Thanks!

PS, I plan on taking this detector with me backpacking.

I liked to use a cover on my GPX and GPZ, but not so sure I’d want to on an SDC 2300. Seems like it would interfere with folding and stowing. Nice thing about an SDC, just hose it off.  My old SDC...

SDC%20Blog%20I.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Gold Catcher for the recommendation...

Cover: 
Do you have to remove the cover to fold up the SDC?

Stand:
Very cool.  I had not seen this before.

Knuckle guard:
I got one on the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Oops, it says you can indeed fold the detector without removing the cover right in the description.

I went ahead and ordered one from their ebay store you linked me to.

Thanks!

On 7/23/2020 at 8:10 AM, Denver Bryan said:

Cover: 
Do you have to remove the cover to fold up the SDC?

No you don't. Just open the front straps but you can leave the SDC.JPG.6b5660ddbdb61cbb3e2bf0bbb10360bc.JPGp on. Then, flip the stand and it is ready to go in the backpack 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry, the pic somehow pasted on my message. No you don't. Just open the front straps but you can leave the back strap on. Then, flip the stand and it is ready to go in the backpack 🙂

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Denver Bryan
      OK so apparently I don't have a good understanding of what type of metal my detector and find.  I've only had my SDC for a week or so and I'm new to metal detecting.  I put two of girlfriend's earrings on the surface of some soil and here are the results:
      White gold (or platinum I'm not totally sure) earring:  SDC doesn't sound off at all 14K gold earring:  SDC produces a very faint sound Again the earrings were on the surface of the soil.  My detector is finding things like bullets, nails, aluminum foil, etc just fine.  I also buried an old gold plated tooth about 6 to 8 inches down and the SDC found that too.
      So is there something special about the earrings?
      Thanks!

• By oneguy
      First off... Really liking my SDC so far and have only about 18-20hrs on it so far.  Most places I hunt are pretty trashy so the Goldmonster is usually my weapon of choice. My question regarding the SDC is about threshold change over targets.  I've been finding myself usually only digging targets when the threshold goes from a steady tone to a higher in pitch and softer tone?  When I get a lower in pitch signal tone from the steady threshold I find myself passing on these lower than threshold pitch signal tones?  In your opinion am I on to something as far as trash or gold?  I'm basically lazy and try to manage my time more efficient so I try and avoid digging every signal if the odds are junk?  What I've been doing lately with success is taking the SDC and finding a target, do a shallow scrape, then check with the Monster to determine whether to dig or not. Then again...packing 2 machines also takes extra time and effort (lazy me)?  What are your opinions on signal pitch tones as semi reliable clues?  Thanks.....
    • By Not happy jan
      Hi there fellow yella hunters, ive been prospecting for gold & gems for about 5yrs now in nth nsw.Have mostly been alluvial working with sluice & pan.Found some ok gold, enough to keep me interested.Thought i wld step up to a detector to enter a new & exciting chapter in my prospecting journey.Ended up buying a brand new sdc 2300, i was so excited & proud of my new acquisition.As soon as i unboxed it i had an uneasy feeling with all the screaching & wailing as soon as i switched it on.I persisted with all the best advice & did get it to settle.I am on my second detecting trip & i have had to go home early because the detector seems to have a mind of its own.Last trip was the same although i persisted for 10days trying to make sense of the machine.Overall i wld say this detector works effectively for around less than 10% of the time.Extremely disappointing performance from a $ 4000 detector.Im not trying to poo bag the machine but so far its been almost completely unusable.Im offering this advice to any wld be purchasers to be carefull in deciding on this machine.It has been extremely frustrating & a complete waste of time & money.I have travelled over 2500ks, spent thousands of dollars & now im sitting on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere with a bruised ego, empty wallet & so far .2 gram nugg.Buyer beware.
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.minelab.com/usa/community/news?article=432262

• By PeterInSa
      My question is not a substitute for the WM08 , what I would like to do its match it with a non ML Transmitter, is anything available?
      Background:
      Wifes 2300 did not come with Bluetooth Headphones like the Nox or a better, the Z's WM12 speaker with Headphone jack. I have set up an ebay Bluetooth Transmitter on the 2300 and a ebay Bluetooth receiver connected to the dealer supplied amplifier carried in her back pack to drive a speaker on her shoulder. The Transmitter and Receiver are the Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR which I understand is faster with less latency that the Bluetooth V4 or V5 but use more power than the V4 or V5 versions, so am not sure whether a charge on these small units will last a day.
      So am wondering if anybody has come across a transmitter than will drive the WMO8 so can use it on the 2300 ( ie with a longer detecting use)
      My Transmitter and receiver is similar to the item below
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-3-5MM-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Stereo-Audio-Music-Adapter-For-TV-Phone-PC-AU/264413046661?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190606144518%26meid%3D633c1a5c76af41c7ad83ca088d9075bc%26pid%3D101072%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D303247817326%26itm%3D264413046661%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2546172&_trksid=p2546172.c101072.m2109
      Peter
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab are excited to release a new enhanced version of the the popular Minelab SDC 2300 metal detector. With availability from mid-June, the new enhanced SDC 2300 will now include re-designed headphones, an armrest protector and a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. A clip-on coil joint protector has been added to the swivel joint for added protection of the coil joint while detecting.
      Minelab SDC 2300 Data & Reviews
      https://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-sdc-2300-metal-detector-v2

Minelab SDC 2300 metal detector