Hey guys I just got my new SDC last week.  I see a lot of folks on youtube using a cover for the control box portion of the metal detector.

Is this something any of you guys use?
If so, can you recommend a particular one?

Thanks!

PS, I plan on taking this detector with me backpacking.

I liked to use a cover on my GPX and GPZ, but not so sure I’d want to on an SDC 2300. Seems like it would interfere with folding and stowing. Nice thing about an SDC, just hose it off.  My old SDC...

SDC%20Blog%20I.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Gold Catcher for the recommendation...

Cover: 
Do you have to remove the cover to fold up the SDC?

Stand:
Very cool.  I had not seen this before.

Knuckle guard:
I got one on the way!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 8:10 AM, Denver Bryan said:

Cover: 
Do you have to remove the cover to fold up the SDC?

No you don't. Just open the front straps but you can leave the SDC.JPG.6b5660ddbdb61cbb3e2bf0bbb10360bc.JPGp on. Then, flip the stand and it is ready to go in the backpack 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry, the pic somehow pasted on my message. No you don't. Just open the front straps but you can leave the back strap on. Then, flip the stand and it is ready to go in the backpack 🙂

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By rob baum
      I bought a house in meadview about 4 years ago.  Every couple months when I go there I try to get over to gold basin to do some detecting or drywashing.  It took me a couple years to find my first nugget out there and its been a couple of years since then and I havent found another.  I swing an SDC and I've read people have done pretty good out there with that model.  I find plenty of lead and boot tacks a inch or two down but not much deeper than that.   What settings are people using out there?  How deep down are people finding the gold?  Would I be better off with a  different model that can go deeper?  I'm not very confident in my abilities since I learned this machine on my own and have only found 2 pieces in the 4 years and dozens of times I've used it.  Any advice would be appreciated. 
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      Here's the 1st video Minelab USA did for TV.  You might know the English sounding dude from FL.
      What's interesting is we were able to see Minelab Mine Detector as it turned into a gold detector.
      The comments towards the end about seeing what's in the ground before you dig it, I'm still waiting.
      Do you feel, we'll see a detector that can actually see the item or at least the shape of it with any accuracy and if so how long out?

• By PPP
      Hi!
      Another classic question,but i have a ctx3030 with 17inch coil and do mostly detecting in the saltwater.It goes deep and thats what i'm looking for,depth,,I know that SDC2300 is a PI machine and very sensitive to gold.But when it comes to depth comparison in saltwater and knowing the SDC2300 has 8 inch coil,then the question is which detector goes deeper?is it worth buying that expensive unit just for saltwater beahhunting? 
    • By Bear
      Glad to see Simon is back.
      I know there are previous posts about SDC battery compartment seal, I had problems with mine this summer.  

Here is the background that I have posted about before.
      I dredge in an old cut that wasn’t cleaned that good into the bedrock.  The bedrock is a quartz muscovite schist that through frost shattering and dissolution is deeply weathered making it easy to dredge into for a couple of feet.  Because it is a cut the water is always murky and work is done by feel.  A couple of years ago I dug a big section that I thought was cleaned up.  Previously I seen a guy use an Excalibur to check where he had dredged so I took the SDC in.  There was targets so dredged deeper and recovered a couple more nuggets.  Now this has become standard practice.  
      This summer while changing the batteries there was water in the battery compartment.  I cleaned and dried the compartment.  Also cleaned the seal and the machine worked fine but I would like to change it.  Through a search nobody sells replacements?
    • By Nvgoldhunter
      good morning and happy new year to all!!
      I'm sure this question has been asked many times in the past, but I was hoping someone could refresh mu memory. I'm currently swinging a gpx 5000 with a commander 15 x 12 mono coil -- ( old school). I wear out the covers a lot and have had problems getting new ones recently---so question is whats the best way to get the most from my covers??? I 've heard truck beeding stuff works good --- make a new bottom from fiberglass --- or ????
      Thanks all good luck
      Marc
    • By kac
      Wanted to give the Multi Kruzer a go with the Superfly coil at the beach. Kept the machine in 5khz, manual ground balance as it would drift with tracking on. Was a little bit noisier in spots compared to the stock but on the damn and dry sand it had excellent depth with very stable numbers. Gain was kept around 93 without issue even in the wet.
      One thing I didn't like is if I got any water behind the scuff it would false a bit but outside of that its a good combo.
      Managed to sneak out a Barber dime at 10" in the damp sand in my my 3 hour run, called it a day when I broke my scoop handle.