Nokta Makro Simplex Not Working

Hello having some issues with simplex false signals not picking up coins gold chain have had the coil replaced and detector is no better also detector sounds as if it's going to explode the vid numbers and the noise it makes, sound like high revving car engine. And it losing signal and going blank but it does show some vid numbers, had this simplex for 2months now really annoyed all those packed beaches and nothing to show for it and summer is almost over, wow and now nokta wont respond to my emails.

Dont know what to do been so stressed.

I have videos on you tube showing these problems, titled nokta simplex coil test and check my other short videos.

If it was me and I’d bought it from a dealer I’d be having a serious discussion with them. I only buy from dealers who support their customers. Otherwise contact a service center. There are four to choose from.

https://www.noktadetectors.com/technical-service/

I hope you get it sorted out soon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Duncan c said:

Hello having some issues with simplex....

Readers and posters here are a pretty tolerant and helptful bunch.  However, there's a right way and a wrong way to seek help:

1) I see you've made 4 posts in your presence here, all within the past 24 hours, all on this single subject, and 3 of the 4 on threads that were inappropriate.

2) Rather than to post the YouTube video you want people to watch (and help you debug), you tell us to go search for it.  When one of our most tech/internet saavy members tries to search under the title you give he can't even find it.  Your task is as simple as copying the location and posting it here.

3) You complain about the manufacturer not responding to your e-mails but also mention the coil has been replaced.  Sounds like they did help you.  If your communication with them wasn't any better than it has been here, I understand why they've gone silent.

4) Specifically Nokta/Makro has been the best communicator here of all the metal detector manufacturers, and IMO it hasn't been close.  They have a lot of satisfied customers and loyal and knowledgeable users.  Repeatedly bashing them and their product is not the best way to get help.  Have you considered it might be you that's the problem, meaning you aren't setting/using it properly?  I would start with that attitude.

Remember that you are the one with the problem and if you'd like (free) help from others, the onus is on you to be polite, courteous, helpful (meaning posting information so your problem can be debugged), and grateful.

• Like 4

You must be selling nokta seems I've touched a nerve and people have been viewing the vids plus nokta told me they would only repair if I deleted video, is that bullying/blackmail you tell me, infact you are probably the person who was posting simplex is as good if not better than the nox. I love the fact your blaming me, you clearly have not watched the vids, you should watch vids first before posting blame GB amateur.

Steve thankyou I had been in contact with the dealer but correspondence stopped. How do I post a direct youtube link.

13 minutes ago, Duncan c said:

you clearly have not watched the vids

That's the only thing in your 1st paragraph concerning me that is even remotely true.  Hard to watch them when no one can find them.  Copy the internet address and paste it into a post on this thread.

You continue to alienate those who could potentially help you.

47 minutes ago, Duncan c said:

Steve thankyou I had been in contact with the dealer but correspondence stopped. How do I post a direct youtube link.

You copy the address from your browser address bar and paste it. Or use the YouTube share button, copy, and paste.

So your dealer won’t talk to you and Nokta won’t talk to you. Did you contact the service center. That would have been the first stop before contacting Nokta directly. If my car is broke I don’t call the Ford factory.

37 minutes ago, Duncan c said:

You must be selling nokta seems I've touched a nerve and people have been viewing the vids plus nokta told me they would only repair if I deleted video, is that bullying/blackmail you tell me, infact you are probably the person who was posting simplex is as good if not better than the nox. I love the fact your blaming me, you clearly have not watched the vids, you should watch vids first before posting blame GB amateur.

It's simple. Open the owners manual and look for the phone number of the closest service center and call them. I can assure you that no one here despite the many different machines we own, promote one machine over another. They all have a different or overlapping role in the hobby. I'm sorry you are having issues with your machine. Don't make more issues with the people that try to help you. 

Sandi, is that you?  Oh, nevermind.

Seriously, just post a link already so we can see what's going on with your machine.  If you can somehow manage to upload a video to whatever site is hosting your video, it really should be a no brainer to post a link to it or enough info to enable a semi internet literate person to do a google search.   Also, a little self awareness and less finger pointing would go a long way here.  You are asking for help, having obvious issues effectively communicating with others and performing the simplest of tasks (contacting customer support, linking a video), have apparently alienated the manufacturer and your dealer, and are doing a fine job almost cutting off another lifeline by showing up and throwing accusations of brand bias around just because someone is pointing out relevant facts that are hindering your ability to get assistance from one of the most helpful forum sites around. 

So put down the shovel, stop digging yourself into a deeper hole, and demonstrate that you are at least listening to what people are advising you to do here - post a link to your video or find a way to articulate some real facts about what ails your detector, or make contact with the repair center.  Don't care which of those you do but continuing to complain about your plight or lashing out at others without throwing us a bone is not helpful.  Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Simon,

I hope you didn't use "the wife's"😜,  brightly colored "hanky" to clean it up!!🤣 👍👍

• Haha 2