Nokta Makro Simplex Not Working

Duncan is this your channel?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1H8edTGhya8zbgfJz0wRXg

If so, the videos don't tell us much at all.  

You have provided no settings information (e.g., mode or sensitivity setting) or target information - what is the coin you are using as a test target?  Did you try different types of coins?

You seem to have little knowledge regarding how detectors work.  For example, a gold chain is a very difficult target for any detector.  Can you give us a little background regarding your level of detecting experience?

If these are your videos, it appears you could possibly have a detector problem or simply screwed up settings.

The short vid showing a noisey, unstable detector appears to be taken indoors.  A sensitive piece of equipment such as a metal detector is susceptible to the myriad of sources of electrical interference including florescent lamps, wi fi, microwaves, electrical voltage transformers, cell phones, wireless landline phones, you name it.  Especially if you have sensitivity cranked to the max which appears to be the case.

Really need additional info to provide you with further help.

High sensitivity and no disc over a mixed target with iron next to it can give jumpy numbers. If the sensitivity is too high for the conditions you may suffer slower recovery speed over mixed targets and the machine may skip.

One of the things I look for is mixed targets like that. If I get an iron hit and it has numbers that spike beyond where iron normally hits and if that spike goes away when I hit the target at a different angle it tells me that there is iron masking something else so I dig it. This has gained me a KG and 2 of my large cents this year as well as some long lost clad.

If your machine is chattering too much because of ground conditions increase the discrim a bit. Here in the NE with my MK I can get away with 3-4. Not too familiar with the Simplex but feel it maybe similar.

Lastly be consistent with your swings. I try to use a constant speed 1-2 ft per sec works well and the machine runs very stable and I have stable consistent numbers. Sounds boring but can save you some time digging junk.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 6:59 PM, Duncan c said:

You must be selling nokta seems I've touched a nerve and people have been viewing the vids plus nokta told me they would only repair if I deleted video, is that bullying/blackmail you tell me, infact you are probably the person who was posting simplex is as good if not better than the nox. I love the fact your blaming me, you clearly have not watched the vids, you should watch vids first before posting blame GB amateur.

Steve thankyou I had been in contact with the dealer but correspondence stopped. How do I post a direct youtube link.

Duncan appears to have left the building.  This was his last post and last visit to the forum.  Explains a lot, I think.  Hope he comes back because I think we can help but he seems to have a problem in receiving, hearing, and acting on advice.  Duncan, please prove me wrong so we can help...

Hello Duncan and everybody else.... it shocks me and really upsets me when I see such posts from users, especially when I have personally gotten involved to help them out! 

Below is a copy of my emails to this gentleman (with the last name and email address deleted to respect his privacy) who claims we blackmailed him...we actually replaced his coil after my email (without even having real proof that his coils was in fact faulty) and he is still not happy ... my team and I try our best to help each and every person who reaches out to us ... and yes we do respect them ...and yes we keep our patience and treat them nice ....but that does not mean that we will let anybody slander my team and/or this company in exchange for $299 they spent on our product. Thank you! 

''Hello again.. please understand that English is my team’s second language.

They do not speak/write it as well as I do … and I can speak/write it much better just because I have lived in the USA for more than 15 years.

I am not understanding what you mean by ‘’posting this on detecting forums’’ which you can and I really have no problem with it but I do not understand what you mean by fixing this.

I have already offered you to fix your issue by replacing your coil and asked you if that would be OK and did not get a response.

Sorry but I am totally confused with your remarks at this point.

Dilek

Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 2:27 PM
To: Dilek Gonulay <dilek.gonulay@noktadetectors.com>
Subject: Re: Contact Us

Have to be honest I feel bullied first I am told to delete video and you would be happy to repair. And now your your telling me I misunderstood the email. That's interesting. This has really affected my mental health. Just cant believe this. I have been sent another email without telling me to delete video, perhaps I should post this on facebook twitter and detecting forums for some advice on this matter, maybe you can fix this, I will await your response before posting this.

Regards

Dear Duncan,

I believe you misunderstood my colleague’s email.

My team would never disrespect a customer and I am actually cc’ed on all their emails.

We always ask these videos to be deleted if we offer a solution to the customer and if the customer is happy.

As a matter of fact, you would not pay any postage but as a secondary solution, we can send the coil directly to you and then you can cut the cable of the old coil and send us a video/picture showing the serial number.

Would that be OK for you?

Regards,

Dilek Gonulay

Director, Sales & Marketing

A Sıvatyolu Cd. Sakız Sk. No:4 Sancaktepe ISTANBUL

T +90 (541) 860 45 96 | W noktadetectors.com

Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 11:23 PM
To: Serdar Durmaz <serdar.durmaz@noktadetectors.com>
Subject: Re: Contact Us

Why have you told me to delete video and then you will be happy to repair a faulty item I paid for and recieved. Forgive me but that sounds like blackmail.

Can I speak to dilek and I dont want to pay for postage again.

6 hours ago, Nokta Detectors said:

...It shocks me and really upsets me when I see such posts from users, especially when I have personally gotten involved to help them out!

Dilek, if you'll notice our responses here on this thread, you'll see we sniffed this out from the beginning.  You may have noticed even after a few people here tried to help, nothing but silence.  I think Steve calls these 'driveby posts'.  :laugh:

Reminds me of the woman you sent a (free!) detector to who wanted it replaced and raised a stink when you didn't.  She also scammed another member here with a sad story of why she couldn't afford an aftermarket shaft, then after he graciously sent her one (free!) she told everyone in a later post she was going into business making shafts.

I realize not every viewer/reader on the internet is as detector saavy as the general reader here, so your concerns are well founded.  But you've set up an excellent raport here unlike any other representative of a detector manufacturer.  That is greatly appreciated. We know the high quality of Makro/Nokta products and we've got your back.

• Like 3

I second that Dilek!! 

I'm very happy you frequent this Forum, and look forward to any news, or opinions, you post! Thanks!!

And as you know, or may have heard!!  Steve has "zero" problem putting the Boot on "posers", and "troublemakers"!!👍👍