Silver And Gold & Diamond Spinner Ring...

3 hours ago, cuniagau said:

The tester keeps saying the silver ring is 18K and the spinner ring is 14K.  I think that because the two rings are touching, it is giving me the wrong reading on the silver ring.

Can't you slide a piece of paper between them to prevent conductive contact?

Nice find!  The inside of the inner ring -- showing the hallmark, etc. -- sure looks gold to my eye, and quality at that.  But others here are way more experienced than I.  You should be hearing from them shortly.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slimpickuns said:

Slimpickuns,

I don't know how you found that site but I really appreciate it.  I have Googled, Binged, Yahooed and several other browsers and had come up empty handed.   The white Rhodium explains part of why the electronic tester wasn't reading it correctly too.  White Created Sapphires I guess read as diamonds too.  Interesting! 

I will toss it into the silver pile now that I know it only has gold plating on part of it.  12.8g of silver is still a pretty good haul for a silver ring!

Thanks again,

Joe 

Cool find! Haven't seen any quite like that before! 👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Cool find! Haven't seen any quite like that before! 👍👍

I have never seen one before either.  That is what so much fun about this hobby, something new all the time!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Silver And Gold & Diamond Spinner Ring...
On 7/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, cuniagau said:

Slimpickuns,

I don't know how you found that site but I really appreciate it.  I have Googled, Binged, Yahooed and several other browsers and had come up empty handed.   The white Rhodium explains part of why the electronic tester wasn't reading it correctly too.  White Created Sapphires I guess read as diamonds too.  Interesting! 

I will toss it into the silver pile now that I know it only has gold plating on part of it.  12.8g of silver is still a pretty good haul for a silver ring!

Thanks again,

Joe 

Beautiful Gold ring cuniagau! And I agree on finding that ad for the ring..I looked also, said they can't be to hard to find...Well I never did...Nice find Slim!

• Like 1

This tendancy to make modern rings with "alternative"plated metals and fake stones is disgusting me😨.

How misappointing can be to find that beauty, to discover later it is next to a costume jewelry piece?

Still a good find for you in the USA 😉

The silver price here is ridiculous.

• Like 1