Tarsacci & Rusty Crown Caps.....

Sometimes rusty caps can really fool you, however there usually tell tall signs. A lot of caps come in at quarter range (23-25). The audio may also sound pretty good though it’s never going to be that sweet high tone, however you may still be tempted to dig it. In this video I am hunting in very low minerals (560), the Tarsacci always works better in higher minerals. In this low mineralized dirt, you can try every trick in the book, whipping and raising the coil, the crown cap is still going to sound good, though there will be tell tale signs like iron wrap around high end numbers. So try this...switch your frequency to 6.4 and then whip the coil, the audio really changes! Check out the video demo...

Thanks!

Aaron

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I feel this is a great video that won’t hurt any of us see again.

If nothing else I done it for me .

Chuck 

Is it my hearing correct that the window of detection with the stock coil in Disc is more pronounced than the 12” beast coil ?

Chuck 

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll dig a few bottle caps.... mostly deep ones.  The machine seems to break up into three tones ... definitely iron  -27..... wrap around +27ish.... and those in that 23-25 which are normally corona style.  Deep ones I think the MDT gives enough info to tell you there is some iron there.  It seems better than most machines at IDing iron to detector depth. 

• Like 2